8hp

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by McGaw, Mar 27, 2008.

1. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Not to sure if this is the right spot to post this but...

I'm able to buy an 8hp Turf Trac from a neighbor for $60. Runs fine. Nothing wrong with it that I can see. Needs paint, and I will rewire it. Just wondering how much weight a 8hp can pull.

2. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

Depending on the weight of the machine, tires, gear reduction, surface, friction. It may be able to pull a jumbo jet or another mower? Tell us all the parameters of the mower and what you want to pull?

3. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Not to sure what you mean about the parameters of it, but I would like to be able to pull a 32.5"w x 42.5"l x 12"h full of... dirt, rocks, mulch, plants, etc.

4. khouse

Parameters would be just what you said. You want to pull a wagon load of rocks. 8 HP is really pretty powerful. Tell me about your transmission and weight of the tractor? So far I don't see why it could not pull it on moderate grades.

5. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

Honestly I'm not to sure. I will be able to tell you in a week or two. Going over to pick it up. I figure at the very least repaint it and sell it. I just wasn't sure, like my snowblower is a 8hp. And they're selling 22's and stuff. Thank you for replying, I will post some pics of it when I go to pick it up.

6. khouse

All in all a 8hp tractor will pull your load.