$8K for a JD mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Gatewayuser, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok I have $8k in credit to buy a John Deere or other JD owned brands. Which one should I get? I already have 2 w/b's a 48" and a 52". I wish I could get a GreatDane Surfer but I don't think you can use a JD card on them anymore.

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I would call them first, but I think you can still get Great Dane with the John Deere card

3. Gatewayuser

Really well that nice to know I will have to check. I almost wonder now that they own lesco if I could buy a mower there.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Which one do you need?

5. Gatewayuser

Which one is good

6. craglawnmanor

craglawnmanor LawnSite Member

I may be wrong, but I thought that the Deere Quick-Trak mower was basically the same mower as a Great Dane Surfer? :confused:

7. Gatewayuser

No the Surfer is a new mower you are thinking of the super surfer. The surfer is only 5k

8. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would go with a Deere 717 or 727....right around $6K and great machines.

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a Great Dane Chariot Jr, 23 hp 52" deck and that machine was awesome!!! I think I paid 5700 for it. Wish now I owuld have kept it, got out of the biz when I was 17 for 3 years. Oh well, stupid me!!! But Dane makes some very nice equipment, although I dont think the surfer is very good. The guy at my local dealer that sells Dane, Deere and Wright, said I could have used my John Deere card to buy a Stander too.