1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

9 bucks an hour...what a MORON

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snippy, Sep 22, 2004.

1. snippy

snippy LawnSite Member

9 bucks an hour...mowing,weeding,gardening etc. ... thats what the flyers says, what a MORON!... theres probably 50 other LCO's in the same area getting up to 40 bucks an hour for the same work but what the hell I'll just charge 9 coz I've got **** for brains!
    Now normally when I see a message posted like this down at the local shops I just laugh at the thought of someone pullin weeds and mowin lawns for the same basic pay as a burger flippin kid down at Mcdonalds but what really gripes me this time is ever since Mr "I'm so stoooopid I'll just charge 9 bucks an hour while everyone else is comfortably gettin at least 30" started prostituting his self on the local community message board down at the shops with his illiterate scribble loosely resembling an advertisement my proffesionally printed colour brochures have been mysteriously dissapearing faster than I can put them up :angry:
    Now I have no problem with someone waking up in the morning and deciding that he thinks he's so worthless and stupid that he's going to work 5 hours for the same rate of pay everyone else is getting for 1 but the suspicious dissapearance of my flyers is just too much :angry:
    Of course my first thought was to employ the idiot to do my own dirty work and make a killin but hell anyone with this level of low self esteem can't be left to operate potentially dangerous power equiptment safely surely :realmad:
  2. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

Crickey that might pay for new pair of underpants for him as he goes under trailer lol
  3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

at $2.00 per gallon of gas, I hope he doesn't spend much time behind the windshield. At 20 mpg he is looking at $6.00 per hour just in gas for the truck.

The good news is he will be out of cash soon.

Idiots and their money (or lack of it) are soon parted.
  4. broken leg

broken leg LawnSite Senior Member

I pay my people 10 dollars I will hire him if he is any good. If he's not any good I would smash him like a bug in the market place.
  5. easycareacres

easycareacres LawnSite Senior Member

we pay $4.50 per gallon here :dizzy:
  6. MOJO111

MOJO111 LawnSite Member

It's probably some school kid chasing some cash to buy X box games :dizzy: :rolleyes: LOL
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I was mowing a lawn of 12K sq ft for $45. I mowed it for a month before she realized that I was not bagging. Miscommunication on my part I guess. I told I could not collect that much and we parted on good terms (I still do her chem apps). She hires several different guys and settles on an older gentleman that mows and collects it for the same money. She told me it takes him several hours and he orginally quoted her $35. She said, "no, I will give you $45". Stories like this simply amaze me how people have no clue of their cost of doing business. $10 an hour around here is a fair wage, but with no overhead and all kinds of benefits.
  8. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd have to say thats some kid, but I agree with the mystical disapperance of your flyers, thats dirty biz.

Back a few years when I was making 6.50 at the bagel shop, mowing lawns with a friend/partner for $20 an hour was pretty good in my eyes. But I learned very fast partly because I started coming here and the Insurance, accountant, equipment, gas, wear and tear, disposal fees and all that fun stuff that kicks in when u go legit...
  9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

GRAB that guy and get your 1099 ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You could make some GOOD money off this guy, and since he is 1. using his own stuff 2. working at his own times and and a host of other criteria, you could have this guy going legitimately.
  10. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

maybe its just a come on and call me price?