9 Hole Golf Course

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by clyde, Jun 29, 2004.

1. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone know anything about how much one would cost to build and run (annually operate)

I know there is a lot of things that could be considered but this would be basically a nice intown get away and i am talking about mainly the landscaping and the initial cost of getting it up and grass growing.

There is a Hospital (large) across the street from where it would go in.

2. DALMlawn&landscaping

DALMlawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TX

cool, so while the ol' woman gets her appendix removed he can go play 9 holes... i think a beer commercial said it best, BRILLIANT!

3. kbenvironmental

kbenvironmental LawnSite Member

clyde I'd think there are so many variables we really couldn't begin to give you an accurate estimate. What is the lot like, terrain? drainage? soil type? type(style) of course? The list goes on and on without specifics

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

Building, parking lot , sediment control , land aquisition, engineering fees. Then add permits, clearing , dump fees . I had a friend build a mini golf and full size driving range , parking lot was $ 200.000 , the mini golf was $ 300,000 and the grading alone for the driving range was $ 100,000 .

5. CT18fireman

CT18fireman LawnSite Senior Member

Building a course takes years to say the least. Lots of planning and prep, surveying etc. Differents soils, stone, sand for drainage, irrigation, plantings and seed.

Finally it takes 2-3 years after seeding before a course is ready to play.

A lot more then just mowing grass short. The greens though take the most work.

6. clyde

clyde LawnSite Senior Member

how much room i wander would u need around the golf course if in town so the balls want hit the ajoining property?

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Clyde,

Here are some links I found. Maybe they will give you some ideas.

Link 1

Link 2

8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

The cost would be radically different if a couple of factors existed:

1. You the builder were an exceptional golfer.
    2. You had the skills to construct.
    3. You were out of zoning areas where you could still get electricity and drive a well or two for irrigation.

If those were the case, you literally "fashion" or sculpt the course. There is a lot to know about laying out a hole from a golfers viewpoint. But it could be done. The right person with the right location could do it for 1/4 the cost.

But leave out any of elements 1 to 3 above, and the cost rises to the top.

9. Grass_Nerd

Grass_Nerd LawnSite Member

We just got a mini golf course (extremely lame) in our mall... Why don't you think about putting a driving range in a mall so that dad can stroke a few, while mother and daughter spend the rest of his cash oh shoes.

10. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

What a laugh...the miniature golf link above based their revenue figures on 100 golfers in an hour. When is the last time you saw 100 people playing miniature golf...much less AVERAGING that. The few times I've played it's more like 15 or 20 at best.