9 years.........1st $20

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Mar 21, 2005.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I found a $20.00 bill while mowing a commercial account the other day. Darn near tore it to shreds with the weed eater, just happened to see if right before it bacame more trash! In 9 years this is the first 20 I've ever found.........did collect a dollar once.......but never a 20! At first I thought it was a fake one, one of those to get your attention.....turns out it was a folded original, still has the mud spots on it. There was a bag right beside it and man.........I thought i had hit paydirt......but it was just more trash.

Anyway........................it was fun to finally get paid for trash removal.....in cash!!!

Keep your eyes peeled, never know what you might find. :cool:

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

That is one of the coolest things is to find cash on the ground while you are mowing. Usually happens to me on commercial properties. I think to myself--"Thanks for the tip whoever you are because I deserve it for mowing this %^&$%&*&$" lol I usually just find a few $$ a time. I havent hit the 20$ jackpot lol

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The most valuable thing I've ever found was a brand new pair of $200 Oakley sunglasses. I wear prescriptions so I couldn't use them but my neighbor now thinks I'm a hell of a nice guy.

4. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Homer,
    I just informed my buddy at the IRS about your find. He said they would be looking for it on your 05 tax returns.

Just kiddin... payup

Nice find.
    I foud a 10 bill once. My buddy found a roll with 150 bucks along a raodway one time.

5. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I maintain a banquet hall and cut a $20.00 bill with the WB. I found all the pieces and taped them.Good thing I don't mulch!! I also found some smaller bills there. The downside is there are always drinking glasses, napkins, etc. laying around. Matt

6. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

i find some every year. my biggest pay dirt was on a fall cleanup and it was like 40 some bucks... lunch was on the bossthat day!!

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Reminds me when I stepped out of my truck in a car wash and there was a $20.00 bill lying by my feet.

8. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

i was mowing at a commercial site and caught a glimsp of a $20 out of the corner of my eye laying right where the guy with the weed eater went by. so i stop the mower bend down and pick it up and i am thinking to myself it looks fake . then i spent like the next 5 min walking around looking for more. i ended up finding $80 dollars .

9. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I found a $20 on my front porch one morning! My Porch was covered and made up one corner of the house, pretty big, well it was horrible for collecting leaves and crap when the wind blew. I would literaly have a nice pile in front of the door due to the circling wind there. Well after finding a 20 that had blown up there I stopped complaining about the leaves... LOL!

I also have mowed money before. One time I stopped to empty the bags on the ztr, opened the lid and I see a piece of something sticking out of the grass. It was just a one, but it was not cut at all, just stained green from being in there for a while evidently. I find that paper that I mow up actually gets suspended in the catcher and ends up on top when I turn the blades off... That was one lucky single, should have been shreds...

I also recall dropping my trailer gate on a dirt road one day and seeing a dollar bill, i grabbed it, looked down another 5 feet or so and there was another, grabbed that, and about 10 more feet and there was another! Only 3 bucks, But I was real tempted to walk further up the road to see if there was more! Couldn't see any...

I have found other money before, nothing exciting, usually a buck. always brightens the day tho!

10. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I was driving down the highway once and my bagger lifted up and got thrown out. I stopped on the side and ran back to pick it up and found 4 dollar bills in the grass next to it. Got kind of lucky that day. The bagger was fine and I found 80 bucks.