90 dollars an hour shop fee, and they still didn't find the problem.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by White Gardens, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Does yours have the Float button that valve goes bad when it gets hot things runs half speed the valve stays half in
    My bothers step son had one did that

2. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

no im just using it as an example that vermeer has been poor at diagnosing problems before... they kept saying that it was a deadman issue when even an idiot would guess it to be the alternator. I would take it to a independent and see what they have to say.

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Ill see if I can find a parts diagram for it. My guess is that you have hydro shut offs or bypasses when you step off the foot plate. One for the loader, one for the drive. You lose all loader function right? Bucket and up and down?

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

The float function is when the joystick is pushed completely forward. No separate switch per-say.

There is one diverter valve that will divert the main flow from all hydraulic functions and also the ground drive. The valve and voltage to the valve all were in spec. So it doesn't explain why I still have full ground drive and loss of loader function.

And, I still have loader function. The up and down of the arms, and the movement of the bucket is still there, but it might be 25% of normal. So it's slow and no power. Once it kicks back in, it's almost like a valve of some sort either opens completely, or shuts completely.

When dead-heading the auxiliary hydraulics, I can get the function back. Almost like the problem lies in the auxiliary hydraulic valve somewhere.

To me it doesn't seem like an issue that can't be solved regardless.

I have a parts book, and when I finally have time I will be looking into it. Not sure if it actually has the breakdown of the valves though.

The whole point of taking it to the dealer was to save time in fixing it and keep working on other projects. But at this point, I might be looking into it myself, so any help is highly appreciated.

5. JCLawn and more

from MI

Is your engine working harder when it does it?

6. JCLawn and more

from MI

I just had a thought. I know on my one ztr the wheel motors use very little hydro flow while your loader needs a high gpm for full function. What if your diverter valve is not closing all the way limiting gpm. Does your aux line divert all fluid from the pump so it does not reserculate? We know it has to recerulate all the time when not using aux because loader and drive functions would not require no where near 10 gpm. When you dead head your spiking line pressure thus forcing open the valve. Also the reason why you would have issues when its hot is because whatever does the closing has expanded.

7. White Gardens

Engine acts like it has no load on it compared to normal functions.

[​IMG]
    :hammerhead:
    :dizzy:
    :wall

I don't know right now, and I can partially understand why the dealer hasn't figured it out either, though I had more confidence in them than I do now.

Dealer kept saying that if I had limited function from the diverter valve, then the ground speed and power would have still been diminished also, but I still have digging/breakout force from the ground drive like it's still getting proper flow.

8. JCLawn and more

from MI

See how much the valve is. If its $50 bucks or under I'd just do it

9. White Gardens

Ya, I'm going to start there if I can't figure anything else out. I'm still wondering if there is another by-pass though somewhere else and will look into it.

10. JCLawn and more

from MI

Have you tried the levers while not standing on it to see if the loader will move?