90 dollars an hour shop fee, and they still didn't find the problem.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by White Gardens, Aug 31, 2013.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

While not on the platform, the levers lock into the neutral position to where you can't move them at all.

If you move the auxiliary lever, nothing happens.

If you have the auxiliary on, and get off the platform and back on, nothing works until the auxiliary is put back into the neutral position.

2. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

might check all grounds It might be in a relay not closing a valve all the way

I know on my 7740 I had loose coil and I lost high gears and dealer said was clutch went out So I had remove my snow plow brackets and that's when I seen the coil was loose tighten it down Fix the problem Dealer wanted to split it. Thank god that didn't happen they wanted 500 to split it open

3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Who ever came up with the idea of putting a clutch in the middle the tractor and having to split it to change it, should of been slapped.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

It's the same as a truck, it's just that the frame structure of a tractor is integral to the motor, trans, clutch, and rear end. Makes it solid.

A truck relies on the frame.

So really there is no other way around it.

5. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Well isn't that bad split one just bad when there a cab on it

6. JCLawn and more

from MI

I know why they did it. Seems like there has to be another way.... Its the age of the hydros now anyways.

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Are you using the right kind of hydo fluid? Maybe as it heaats it its becoming too thin and thusly the loss of umph.

8. JCLawn and more

from MI

I was thinking that too, but his loss would be gradual then.

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Well Should tell you the 7740 doesn't really have a normal clutch

There are 3 clutches packs everything is electric ran
    Low side clutch for all 8 gears High clutch 1-4 and High clutch 5-8
    If all 3 goes out its 3k to replace them

10. JCLawn and more

from MI

I wonder what the big tractors use. So is that how the old 3 ranges worked? My dad had a 4430 with a 10(if I remember right)speed power shift. He also had a 4630 front axel, and did not have a raised air cleaner like 90 percent of them did. It was a pretty rare tractor and the surrounding farmers were always borrowing it.