90 dollars an hour shop fee, and they still didn't find the problem.

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by White Gardens, Aug 31, 2013.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Tell me about it, especially when you live in the highest county in the country in terms of corn production....

Go figure.

2. SVA_Concrete

SVA_Concrete LawnSite Senior Member

I find it more shocking that you change the hydro oil every 500 hrs. The hitachi oil for my JD 50D is good for 4000 hrs. And the original service interval is 2000 hrs.
  3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

My Bobcat manuals (320 & 843) state that SAE 30 can be used.
  4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

I'm willing to bet it's an apples to oranges comparison though. Bigger machines than my mini skid run more hydro capacity extending the life of the oil.

And bear in mind, it's a mini skid, they generally don't get worked constantly like larger machines do, so the design is different over-all.

Bobcats ISO hydro fluid they have in stock was not recommended for my machine. Mine runs I think a 60 and they had something like an 80.

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I would try to speak directly to a Vermeer service rep with your service manager present during the conversation. Its unlikely that this is the only machine that has had this issue. Your dealership seems to be guessing at this point (on your dollar). Get the guys that built it involved in fixing it.