90000 ft in 50 minutes

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by 1grnlwn, Oct 20, 2001.

1. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I am breaking in my electric spreader and did a property with 90000 sq ft in 50 min including blowing drive and walks. How did I do? I am spreading 15ft wide @3.5 mph. Could go faster just didn't want to recalibrate.

2. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Any problems with the spreader? Anything YOU would design different?
    I am getting larger properties to fert also and I am tired of the "exercise" so I am checking the different electric spreaders. What did you pay for it? Sounds like a good investment.

3. 1grnlwn

Its a spiker Paid $500 no shower cap. Had trouble with the scatter shield holding material across the bottom. When I made hard turn or stop, pile of fert would come sliding off. I cut some of the bottom of the mounting plate and rebent scatter plate to a sharper angle. Now it works great. Also coated everything with slip plate. Kind of hard to adjust throw left/right. I may build a shop split hopper to adjust by weight. Mounting was easy. Bicycle speedometer was tough. Amen to that exercize thing.

4. 1grnlwn

UHH i found the shower cap. It was in my back seat of my truck. Been there since July. Been a busy year.