91 Isuzu Landscape body/Dump Hybrid truck

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by grass-scapes, Mar 16, 2011.

1. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi,
    I didn't know what else to call this truck. Its got a 17 foot landscape body that converts on the fly to a dump truck.

The PTO driven hydraulic system will raise the dovetail, then dump the bed.
    Now, this truck isn't perfect by a long shot. The body is awesome for someone who only wants one truck but needs a dump truck too every now and then.

It has the tarp cover that rolls up. It has stowable ends for the dump so you can keep what you are dumping in the flat section.

The truck has around 250,000 miles on it. I don't know the exact amount but its around that. Its diesel. It leaks oil. May be rear main, may be something simple. I didn't want to pay to have it diagnosed. I got the estimate for worst case and its going to be around 750 since the bed comes completely out of the way. I don't want to fix it. I figured someone on here wants one like this, can work on engines, and can make this thing work for them.

This truck runs, its driveable, has great tires (probably 80% tread left), new lights, new windshield, new rear brake cylinders (brakes still need adjusting, but its just me and I don't have time right now). It has a spring assist gate, but quite honestly, the spring doesn't help much...probably worn out (3 springs)
    I am trying to give full disclosure on this truck. I drove it about 8 months until the brake cylinders went out. Replaced them them over the winter so here it is.

I am asking $5500 for it. I am more than willing to make trades if you have what I am looking for. Some are going to say this is too high, and maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Who knows.

I am looking for a flatbed isuzu or similar to convert to a spray rig truck.
    I am looking for a dump isuzu or similar.
    I am looking for a newer 60" cut z (not high hours please) Prefer a larger frame machine.

2011-03-14_10-54-10_86.jpg

2011-03-14_10-54-25_476.jpg

2011-03-14_10-55-51_132.jpg

2011-03-14_10-56-03_234.jpg

2. ChuckNC

ChuckNC LawnSite Member

I have to say it looks like a nice rig.
    This may not be what you want to hear???
    The most economical thing to do is fix that
    truck. The small amount to fix is better off then
    buying a newer truck and going debt in this economy.
    Drive it down to Monroe and I'll paint your cab any color for $250.00
    I would also weld drop pockets on the bed and install sheet metal sides
    to advertise your company and also hide a spray rig.
    Get a spray rig that has mechanical agitation with a 20 GPM diaphragm pump
    and you will cut your fertilizer cost by 80%. Say good bye to lesco/John Deere
    rip offs.
    That's what we use and Lesco won't/can't compete in the competition.

Knowledge is power!

3. grass-scapes

Already have a Super Lawn Truck that I purchased from a member here, so going into debt isn't an issue.

Posted this to see if anyone else needed an economical truck that serves a dual purpose.

The trades are an option for those that don't have the cash needed to purchase. I would still rather have cash, but I have to leave my options open.

a nicer z with a 60 inch deck is right down my alley and the person who owns one of those and don't use it much may just need a truck like this.

Thank you for your thoughts though.

4. grass-scapes

Besides, why mess up such a unique body. The body is much more valuable like this to someone.

5. Self_Paid1

Self_Paid1 LawnSite Member

Can you get the info on the setup you talking about.

6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

man tht is perfect for a solo operation!!

of course yur too far away!
    thts exactly the setup i want to go to!

7. ChuckNC

ChuckNC LawnSite Member

LOL
    Are you joking?
    I have built these units for years, starting in 1984 when I worked
    at the Barlett Labs when they developed "Boost 29-9-9"
    I did a little more then the average at a 700 acre arboretum.

8. grass-scapes

I can't believe there isn't anyone out there that can use a truck like this.

9. jackedf150

jackedf150 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

GRass scapes, I have a isuzu with a 14' flatbed for sale. I see u are looking for one.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. grass-scapes

Then you also saw that I am looking to TRADE this one, not purchase one outright. Is that what you had in mind?