1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

911 Turf

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Chris Wagner, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner LawnSite Senior Member

We had a non-demonination prayer service for all those who save, serve, and protect.

Had to do a little something to spruce up the front of church and honor all those who answer the call to "911".

A few more random pics...

barringtonbrothers likes this.
  2. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, thats cool :cool: , what did you use to create the 911 stripes.
    CamLand likes this.
  3. kingenterprises

kingenterprises LawnSite Member

Very nice. Who was St. Cletus? I'm gonna do a search. What denomination is your church?

4. kingenterprises

kingenterprises LawnSite Member

I answered my own question. No need to reply.

ca. 76 - 91 AD

St. Cletus has given earlier historians some trouble because of his name. Two of the early lists of the popes, the so-called "Liberian Catalogue" and the "Poem Against Marcion" list an Anacletus as well as a Cletus. Most ancient lists, however, give the papal succession as Peter, Linus, Cletus, Clement; and modern scholars agree that this is the correct listing. Anacletus is a variant of Cletus, and this seems to have caused the difficulty.

St. Cletus was a Roman. His father's name was Emilianus. Cletus ruled the Church from some time in the reign of the Emperor Vespasian to some time in the reign of Domitian. He was martyred and buried near St. Peter on the Vatican. St. Cletus' feast is celebrated along with that of St. Marcellinus on the twenty-sixth of April.

King Enterprises
  5. CJ GreenScapes

CJ GreenScapes LawnSite Member
    from AL

Very nice. Do tell - how did you make the 911?
  6. Chris Wagner

Chris Wagner LawnSite Senior Member

Simple really... just mowed the turf all away from the picture.

The next step was determining how large the "911".

Then I ran our irrigation system for a few minutes to wet down the turf. With the back of a garden rake, I bent the turf towards the picture to read "911".

Took 15 minutes to create.
  7. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

very nice job...
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that looks so sweet. That is definetly something to be proud of