93% and Counting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Dec 9, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Well, just received two more contracts in the mail today for next year and beyond (depends on whether they signed up for one, two, or three years). That brings my total to approx 93% signed up.

I have four that haven't signed up yet. Out of those four, one I am going to be leaving here in about 15 mins to get them signed up hopefully.

Another one she probably won't sign up and I probably really don't want her to sign up because she has $168.00 in outstanding balances since July, but she paid her one bill in August, go figure. I have stopped all services with her until paid in full. And I have sent her numerous letters. I think she is mad that I haven't done her snow removal because of the outstanding balances.

The third, is a residential guy that always waits until the last minute, which is fine with me because I do his business, which has already signed up, and is like my #4 top customer.

The final one already told me flat out NO. Which I still haven't got a clue why that would be. The only reason I can think of is I screwed up on his billing for two months (stupid error) but I caught it and give him a credit of $92.00. But the weird thing is, I do his snow removal.

Well, out the door to get some more payup

2. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

93% of how many clients?

3. tiedeman

from earth

just got back, signed on one more, 61/64 clients are signed on now. 95%!!! I do know for sure that the highest I can get is 98% because the one client has already said flat out no. Not bad for a solo operation

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

that's the goal all operators should work towards...
    happy customers.

5. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Tiedeman,
    Those are great numbers. I am at 31/32 verbally committed for next year. My one holdout is a developer that is giving the common area over to the HOA in January. I will have to wait on that one. I haven't used contracts yet. I am implimenting contracts for next year. Everyone knows about the contract, I hope it doesn't scare anyone off. We'll see. Again, congrats.

6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

That's sweet! I always seem to be about 90% plus with a few moving, dying, and me firing a few crapa asssss customers. The good thing is it thins the herd and makes room for fresh, healthy, full service, on time paying customers!

7. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have 60 out of 63 committed for 2005. Three of the homes are up for sale and the homeowners don't know if they will need lawn service after Dec 31, 04. Those three have agreed to go on a weekly basis until their homes sell. They will also recommend my service to the buyers.

8. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

we have got 110 out of 115 not bad so far... we will have everything back just waiting on few contracts :cool2:

9. tiedeman

from earth

great numbers guys on retaining the customers.

Tomorrow I am going to try to get one more (that guy's residential, that has the business I do) after that the others I really don't care about.

10. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

HEy there Michigan Neighbors..

Do you guys always sign up lawn customers this soon after the season is done? I've always done it Feb-March. It may seem later, but I still seem to get a high retention rate.

I think you guys have had a couple decent snows by now. I'm still waiting. The snow seems to move eastward and stop in Pontiac every time....still waiting.