93 calls 2 days help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronnie Greenwood, Mar 27, 2003.

1. ronnie Greenwood

ronnie Greenwood LawnSite Member
    from Il

:dizzy: WOW tried a new marketing idea it worked 93 calls 2 days
    and more coming in daily. last few years have had verry minimual accounts over the last couple of years. I have looked at alot of the properties nothing to time consoming or to large alot of them are middleclass to upper class many are gated areas and all are of them are bunched into the areas that I chose. I currentyly have the funds for the equiptment I was thinking to get started with all of this work I have recieved I will go with 2 36" toro prolines or 2 exmarks I plan on Demoing both wich would you pefer and is this a smart purches considering the size of yards we are doing please post your thoughts about this. This is going to be a great year.
  2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Was it your newspaper insert? What'd you say, to get their attention so well? Any lawn 19.99? Fifth mowing for free?
  3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I like Exmark because of the ECS, I'm not a fan of the T-Bar. Didn't like it and it felt a little unstable to me. I'm dying to hear how you got that many calls! Please share!
  4. ronnie Greenwood

from Il

It was the news paper ads and I did offer a fith free cut cupon but the funny thing is that almost no one asked about it I even had one lady say that she saw it and would not even want to use it if we do a good job.

thank you
  5. TotalCareSolutions

TotalCareSolutions LawnSite Senior Member

Good Job, if you back out sleep time, you were getting a call every 20 mins for 2 days straight from your newspaper ad. Ive never heard of that kind of success. And you say they are still coming. Has the frequency slowed for some strange reason or are you still getting a call every 20 mins. With this trend and at that frequency youll have 336 this weeks end and 1344 by the end of the Month.

Let us know how it turns out
  6. ronnie Greenwood

from Il

No they have slowed down alot but I am still taking maybe 3-4 calls a day
  7. ronnie Greenwood

from Il

I have set limitations nothing less than $25 so I am not going out and cutting lawns for 19.99 I feel sorry for the people who do
    actualy no I dont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  8. jman00

jman00 LawnSite Member

with that many calls you could limit your gate fee to 35. You should have have enough people to experiment on biding. You should bid high and if they dont take it just go a little lower on the next one. this sounds like a great opportunity to start a great business. just dont underbid or you will hate yourself later. i would also go with the exmark, they are great machines.

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

ronnie, Is your area very saturated with other lco's. What did your add say. Those are some very large numbers.
  10. Indiana

Indiana LawnSite Member

I'm a little confused.....

You advertised in the local newspaper and you received 93 calls in two days.

Do you have any equipment?

Do you have any experience?

Have you called all 93 people back and actually have contracts and work orders?

License and insured?

Are you just starting out?

I'm sorry.... I'm a little skeptical...