94 F-250

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ricecake, Jan 24, 2007.

1. ricecake

ricecake LawnSite Member

Does anyone have any experience with the 5.0 V8 in the F-250. I am buying one and would like to know how it pulls. The max load will probably be a small tractor(24-30 Hp).

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Strong motor in a car, should work well in your truck. What is the rear gear ratio, I think that alone will tell you how it will pull, and how good your gas mileage will be too.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

In a pickup the 302 is not up to the job. a 300 inline 6 or the 5.8 are better options.

4. ricecake

ricecake LawnSite Member

It should still be fine pulling around several z's on a double axle trailer right?

5. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

My 1993 F-150 has a 5.8 and it well pull the h*** out of my 16ft double axle trailer. But a 5.0 in a f-250 I don't know, thats a smaller engine in a much larger truck.

6. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Those year models, the only real difference in the F-150 and the F-250 is the Suspension, Brakes and Transmissions. I pull around my 6X14 enclosed with a Z, WB, and a ton of other stuff, and it handled it okay. I upgraded trucks, but I would imagine the 5.0 in the F-250 would be fine. Just check to ensure you have low gearing. At least 3.83 in the rear, 4.10 would even be better.

7. ricecake

ricecake LawnSite Member

Well I bought the truck, I had to it was a really good deal. I believe for my purposes it will do really well. Thanks for you input.

8. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

Mind getting some pics up for us? :)

9. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind LawnSite Member

my dad has a 94 250 and he pulls his 20ft trailer with skid steer/ trencher/manlift/what ever and my 18ft trailer with my z/ tractor and mowing stuff no problem at all. nice trucks i want a 97 to 00 this year.

nick

10. ricecake

ricecake LawnSite Member

I'll get some pics up as soon as I can, my brother has my camera-he wants to audition for the next survivor.