94 f150, whats is worth?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by sailinstud420, Apr 24, 2005.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

quick question for you all. I found a 94 f150 on the side of the road for sale. 4.9 liter, 5 speed, 150,000 miles on it, no air, no power anything, with an aluminum cap and a spray in bed liner. It's basically a work truck. The truck is in really good shape for its age, a few scratches and dents, but no visible rust. It is a one owner truck and he has all the maintence records, what do you think it is worth???

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

$3500 tops. Straight 6 is a great engine, the 5 speed is the weak link.

3. treedoc1

treedoc1 LawnSite Senior Member

just paid $3500 for a 95 same model truck with working air and a good 6 x 12 open trailer thrown in. Tough to find a good work truck in this area...felt lucky to get it.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

If its a 2wd then I would say 3k tops! But if its a 4wd then maybe if in good shape and runs strong then maybe 5800 tops. I use a 94 heavy half ton (heavier front end than a normal F150) and I bought it for 4800.00 2 years ago with a newer plow. I basically stole it from this guy, but I have put some $$$ into it though. Now the truck, looks brand new and i've replaced everything on the plow that can be replaced except the minute mount frame, I just sanded and re-painted.

5. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

whats the guy's asking price?

6. A+ Lawncare

i say $2k tops, but thats if you seriously fall in love w/the truck! accordinly to kelly blue books it only worth $1,500

Virginia • April 24, 2005
    1994 Ford F150 Long Bed

Engine: 6-Cyl. 4.9 Liter
    Trans: 5 Speed Manual
    Drive: 2 Wheel Drive
    Mileage: 150,000

Search Listings for This Car

List Your Car For Sale Online

Quick New Car Price Quote

Free CARFAX Record Check

Auto Loans from 4.49% APR

Insurance Quote

Print "For Sale" Sign

Payment Calculator

Equipment
    XL
    AM/FM Stereo
    Pickup Shell/Cap
    Bed Liner

Consumer Rated Condition: Good
    "Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history , the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Private Party Value Search Local Listings for This Car $1,538
    Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.

7. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

i did this without telling you guys the price to see what you think. He was asking 3000 for it, but then came to reality and asked 2200. I offered him 1800 two weeks ago and he is still sittin on it. The blue book is only 1500, like someone said. It has pretty much no options and no air, which I really wish it did, b/c then I'd be alll over it, call me lazy, but yes a/c is a beautiful thing... I was just thinking I could junk yard and a/c system and put it on, does anyone have any experiance with doing something like that?

I don't want to pay over blue book for it, i only want to hold on to for a year or two anyways, and when I sell it I dont want to get completely killed... So what do you think?

8. A+ Lawncare

to put an new ac unit in the truck installed professionally, expect to pay $700....

do it yourself for about half of that if your lucky..... but it all depends on your mechanic skills.

BTW, expect to have about 1.5-5hrs of labor in doing the AC work

i've been in your shoes and looked at an 1992 chevy silverado w/no ac, all options though and he was asking $2,500.... but decided against it b/c it had no ac and i'm 17 btw and it would be my only vehicle and i can't imagine taking my dates around town @ nite to the movies in a heat box.... chances are our clothes are gonna be off when's the nites over but i wanna make sure both her & i are comfortable since were gonna already be hot & heavy after hrs :cool:

a no AC truck is fine if you tend to use it solely for a work truck, since the chances are you will already be hot & sweaty from work... but if you plan to use it at all for personal use like around town, then decide against this truck unless you can get a good deal on it.... like the blue book says the truck is worth $1,500 but you gotta spend an additional $400-$700 for the AC..... that comes out to be about $1,600-$1,900 if you can get the truck for about $1,200... :blob3:

offer the guy $1,200 cash and explain to him whats all involved to get the AC & you can't afford to pay the price he's asking for the truck and to install AC.... if he really wants to get rid of the truck then he will bit the dust and you be glad to hand the keys over to you.... you'll have about $2k in the truck when its all said and done...

9. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

The straight 6 is a great engine. The 5 speed is not so great if you're gonna be pulling much of any thing. The reason this type of F-150 can be had for so cheap is because there is so darn many of them out there, the 92-96 body style was the best selling body for the F-150 ever. Most are fleet vehicles which are now becoming aged and the companies are selling them off for new trucks.