'95 E350 Powerstroke diesel van - A good deal?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by genesis215, Jun 23, 2008.

1. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

I just found a '95 E350 Van with the powerstroke diesel. It has 136,000 miles on it, and is in excellent condition. 12 passenger, standard length, A/C works front and rear. Transmission was just replaced 4,000 miles ago. I am buying to convert to waste vegetable oil, and it will be used to tow the mowers and equipment. My friend has already converted his '98 Dodge Cummins dually, and it is doing very well. He will show me how to convert the van to WVO. The guy is asking $4500 for it. What do you think?

2. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Sounds like a deal to me!

3. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

I ended up buying it for $3500. Quite a deal! It runs great, is in mint condition inside and out, and has been getting 19-20 MPG in town even though it has the 4.10 gear ratio. Can't wait to see what it gets on a trip! I am very thankful.

4. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at the diesel vans on ebay and couldn't believe how cheap some were going for, and they looked decent too. Right in that same price range. I was thinking of the veggie conversion too, The system I found was 2 grand, and it included the heated 30 gallon tank and it ran the diesel back through the lines into the engine before the engine killed. I never went that route though, I figured I'd never get around to doing the conversion, plus it would cost more to run on the diesel than the gassers run, plus the noise they make.

5. Riley Lawn Service

Riley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

you cant dog on the noise those beasts make when you feel the power that a diesel engine makes not to mention the torque. i think you made a good decision and that was a good buy in my book it ought to pull your equipment without any problems at all.

6. Riley Lawn Service

Riley Lawn Service LawnSite Member

although i have to admit it seems kinda weird hearing a van that is diesel