1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

$ 9500.00 decision NEED HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Biggie3388, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Biggie3388

Biggie3388 LawnSite Member
    from N/a

Thank you all very much for all your help. Does anyone have any opinions on the john deere zero turns z445 or z645 I believe also the 900 series john deere zero turns.

I really like the gravelys and had the ability to demo them, problem is the 152 handles are to tight for my liking, does anyone know if the 452 handles can be installed on the 252? Dealer is researching for me as well. Around my area many dealers are pushing the hustlers Fastrak sd but not sure how this and the gravely 252 stack up against each other??

The scag guys around here we're complaining about the bagger getting clogged at times ?

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

The z445/655 etc are HO machines for people with larger lawns.

The 900's a full commercial units. I have a Z950A. It is a LOT more machine than the HO models.

3. Biggie3388

from N/a

How do you like your machine..would you mind sharing the pros and cons as well as a price point for something like that?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I like the mower quite well. I have the MOD deck, but wish I'd have bought the std Pro deck instead. It is a better all around cutting deck. the MOD is nice at times, but I'd still prefer the std version. I have a 2012 Z950A, and the machine is very well made. I paid right at $11K for it with the MOD deck in March of 2012. I like Kawi engines, which this one has.

The only real con was the fact that it didn't come with a suspension seat, which any top of the line model should these days. It rode like an old metal wheeled roller skate on an uneven cement sidewalk. I bought the suspension seat insert kit, and it made a HUGE improvement.

The 7 Iron decks are as good as it gets for all around cutting, and they stripe nicely without a stripe kit, and even better with one.

5. Biggie3388

from N/a

No I am seriously confused added the deere to the mix......
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. dtc0207

dtc0207 LawnSite Member

I'm you have a ferris dealer I would go see and drive a ferris
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Biggie3388

from N/a

Wow drove the JD z920m and seemed like a really really nice machine.

It's now between the JD z920m and the Scag Tiger Cub............. Which one would you go with?

8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

JD tractor with a bellymower.

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

It would depend on how each fits you, or I should say- how you fit into them. I am way too cramped for both space and leg room on the Scag TC, but have more than enough room on my Z950.

10. Biggie3388

from N/a

The deere feels nice and roomy, the scag is a little tighter. Just want to make sure the deere is a quality mower with a good quality of cut that's why I am trying them all.
    Posted via Mobile Device