$ 9500.00 decision NEED HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Biggie3388, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Biggie3388

Biggie3388 LawnSite Member
    from N/a

Thank you very much for the feedback, I appreciate it.

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

But they will give you 20% off. Unless they changed that which sounds like they did lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Good luck on whatever you buy. A new mower is a lot of fun, especially if you get the one that suits you most/best. Come back and let us know......with a lot of good clear pics.:D:drinkup:

4. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Gravely does seem a lot better about fleet pricing than JDas far as single buys at a time, but here, it is all in when you catch either dealership at the right time.
    JD does have its Green Fleet program in place, and has some good deals, but I am not sure what the arrangement is on that.

5. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

Did you ever decide on a mower OP? I'm LOVING my new John Deere 920M!! Just cut a yard today that was way overgrown...would have taken me the entire day to do it with any of my equipment over the last three seasons. Took a bit over an hour and looked good when I was done!

6. Biggie3388

from N/a

Do you have any pics?

Drove the scag tigercat and can't make my mind up between the scag tigercat or the John deere z920m right now!!
    UGH
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Biggie3388

from N/a

For a rookie making such a big purchase this is difficult as I want to be sure I pull the trigger on the right machine.......

Any other options regarding scag tiger cat or john deere z920m?

Thank you all and yes I will post pics on I buy. :)

8. Zerotermoil

Zerotermoil LawnSite Member

At the price point that you are looking, no one is making junk. I have used and/or demoed almost everything that you can imagine. That being said, not all dealerships are equal, even among the same manufacturer. Research dealer satisfaction/dissatisfaction, and put that at the very top of your list of criteria when selecting. I have an AWESOME Gravely dealer in my area, with unreal support from Gravely. A great machine isn't that great without support, and an OK machine becomes superb with great support.

9. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Don't misunderstand my young friend. I am very glad you are trying to learn the ropes, and get some business experience while you're still in school. It's just that you can't make blanket statements like you have about Scag being the best without having real world experience on any/all of the machines mentioned herein. I like Scag products very much, especially the TT, but there are a ton of nice machines out there today that do equal, if not better work.

Just and FYI- I have all sorts equipment. Something for any and all services I do. Back up stuff to go with it. It all serves me very nicely since I buy good equipment to start with, based on many, many years of experience with it in this and a couple other industries.

With good work ethics and some self control regarding financial dealings, you'll get there in time too.

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I am Ridin' Green. In more than one manner too. Green grass and this-

100_1796.jpg