$ 9500.00 decision NEED HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Biggie3388, Mar 11, 2014.

1. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

:) yeah very nice! Lolling awesome! And green:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Not to keep hi jacking the OP's thread, but-

Yep and thanks. Too bad it is still very brown here this year. We are getting a really late start here this year after the harsh winter we had.

3. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ahh, yeah sorry about the weather:) down in Chattanooga tn its been awesome 80 degrees today the season started around March 20-31 or so (late March:) and were definatly in full swing weekly cuts:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

How the heck you keep that thing so clean?!?

5. appalachianoutdoors

appalachianoutdoors LawnSite Senior Member

Ever considered purchasing a used zero in the $7000 range and buying a new Trac Vac 880 since the machines will only be on your property. I own a 880 and could suck about an acre into 1 load. Two acres should put between 30-35 hours a year on a mower, so you could buy a used gas zero with 500 or so hours for $6-7k easily.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Ever hear of soap and water? JK:D
    I blow it off after every cut no matter what, and wash it every other week. I like my stuff to look new as much as possible, and it helps big at trade in or private sale time.:)

7. jeeperscrow

jeeperscrow LawnSite Senior Member

Good point! I need to take care of mine like that. The thing that surprises me most about yours is I don't see scuff marks on the side of the deck. I started picking up a few of those right away on mine.

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Oh, they're there alright, and there's more now than when that picture was taken about 10 months ago. Plus, that picture isn't focused as well as it could have been. I do try to avoid scuffing it on stuff. It does the deck nor whatever you scuff it into any good. No one like green paint on their landscape stones, and I have to go back around with the trimmer to get all that grass in and around them or landscape timbers anyway, so I just stay out a few more inches than many other guys would is all.

9. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

I do the same as Ridin'. My '05 still looks great!

Something else, I never step on the top of my deck; that eliminates scuffs on the most visible part.

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I never have either, not until this one with the raised metal step. Now I get on and off using it. In the past, I had the non skid tape like so many models do, so I just stepped up over the front and sat down.