1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

96 dodge 2500 for $6500....yea or nay?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by justmjc, Nov 23, 2003.

1. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

Fully solid and flawless dodge 2500 with about 90k on it for $6500 from my brother in law. Looks beautiful, runs great, and comes with a 360. That sound like a good buy? I see the kelly blue book goes for about $6300 and NADA guide values at about $8400.

PS. How many more miles or abuse can a 360 take vs a 318?

What are your opinions?
  2. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Good Buy..
  3. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Looks beautiful, runs great and right there at blue book... did you really need to ask? With proper maintenance.. there's no reason you can't double those miles. Good luck.
  4. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

well just to give you an idead,i have an 87 dodge 318 and its pushing well over 300,000 miles and still pushes snow with the best of them,i also have one with 360 and it's running very well too.mantinance is the most inportant part of it.you can run that truck for years as long as it's mantained...
  5. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

also what part of michigan are you in??
  6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 1997 Dodge 2500 (Heavy) - v10 - 135K - Runs like a charm - uses one quart of oil in 10,000 miles (synthetic) - I change filter and grease it at 5K and change oil totally at 10K.

I don't know if I can wear it out. Sounds like a good price. Go for it.
  7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

As long as it's a 4x2 and not a 4x4, that should be a good buy! I have a 98 Dodge and just love it. Very reliable. However, the 4x4s from those years (mid-late 90s) got pretty bad reviews in consumer reports. And that's from owners! They just seem to be very prone to mechanical problems. The 4x2s got pretty good ratings, however.