96 F250 Ext. Cab 4x4 7.3 Fisher 8' MMI

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Raymond S., May 11, 2009.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. LawnSite Senior Member

Selling my 96 powerstroke with 294k miles, 4x4, and Fisher 8' MMI plow for $6100.

I cut the wheel wells out and reglassed them and coated with bedliner, they weren't real bad but they weren't getting any better either by leaving them. There is some rust starting under the doors and the tailgate has some rust that is pretty decent along the bottom. I would say a 6/7 out of 10. I was going to get the bottom 12" shot with LineX to seal from any further damage.

Truck has a ton of work done to it to keep up with the mileage, I will list some below. The plow was put on fall '07 and used on residential lots for maybe 30 hrs total. (plow was used when I got it, but the truck was only used about 30 hrs.)

All done within last 2 years.
    Upper/lower ball joints
    Brand new front leaf springs
    New Cooper tires about 10k miles (excellent tires)
    Tie rod ends
    calipers, rotors, pads, brake lines
    Rear fuel tank and fuel line
    mechanical lift pump (high life pump)
    IDM module
    Alternator
    batteries
    Exhaust backpressure valve
    oil temperature sensor
    coolant temperature sensor
    3" downpipe
    Cat delete
    Napa open element air filter
    Fan clutch
    Fuel filter
    Fan motor resistor (hi/med/low fan switch for ac/heat)
    You get the idea.

I have driven this truck to New York, Upper Michigan, Southern Indiana, Southern Ohio, and a whole lot in between. Has rollover gooseneck hitch as well. This truck runs like an absolute dream. Honest to god it runs smoother down the highway than my cousin's '02. At 72mph I average 19.8 mpg. Obviously there are alot of miles but anything that needed addressed got fixed as you can see. I put the plow on for my drive and my parents' and used it very little. Plow could use a cutting edge and the frame is rusty. Pump was rebuilt right before I got it 2 years ago. Comes with Fishstick controller.

This would make someone an excellent truck to put to work as I am confident it has another 20 years in it. I would like to upgrade to a crewcab that's why I'm selling it.
    Feel free to ask questions and I will try and get some pics here soon.
    Thanks,
    -Adam

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

is it a turbo??

3. Raymond S.

Yes. 7.3 liter powerstroke. Best engine they had in my opinion.

4. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

When did they start making the 7.3 engine?

5. Raymond S.

Later '94 or early '95 I believe. My grandfather had one in his '95 which he bought new in Sept. of '94.

6. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

I'm pretty sure the 7.3 was started back in the late 80's body styles, pretty sure they were International's (???), but as the models got newer they put a turbo on them, my 94 was a turbo International & 95 they put the Powerstroke's in the trucks.

Chris

7. Raymond S.

8. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

do you have any pictures?

9. Raymond S.

Yes I do but I can't seem to upload, I have horrible internet. I can email pictures though to anyone if interested.

10. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

i am sending you a pm with my email