96 Gmc 2500

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedWingsDet, Aug 1, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Well, some of ya guys know, im looking for a truck, this truck i found is MIGHTY CLEAN!!! but is kinda pricey IMO. its loaded, power windows/locks. its a sierra 2500, vortec v8. 119k miles, 4x4, reg cab, new bedliner. hes asking 10k for it. it seems alot IMO, what you guys think. i think its alot because the other truck im looking at is a 99 ram 3500 diesel and hes asking 12k.

2. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

How many miles on the diesel? And , yes that sounds like too much for the chevy. Have you looked at any fords, they are usually a little cheaper tha the chevy and dodge.

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

57k miles on the dodge diesel. and the fords actually seem to be more than the dodges and less than gmc. both used and new!

4. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

Wow, down here they are usually considerably cheaper. The mileage on the dodge sounds good for the price. Do you have any pics of it? Is it a long bed or short bed?

5. pottstim

pottstim LawnSite Senior Member

A new bedliner on the GMC? That kind of makes me wonder what the fella may be hiding underneath. I'd make sure and take a look under the liner before I considered purchasing it. 10K seems a bit high.

6. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Premeir, you selling a truck at all since you are looking for a new one? I am in the market since my previous deal fell through with a bad tranny. I am up west of Flint. I actually saw in my AutoSwapper that it looked like someone from down your way was selling a truck that appeared to be a landscapers truck and was just curious if it was you. And the $10K seems high, $8500 is about I would pay considering it will be 9 years old in a few weeks. I would go with that Dodge personally but of course I have not seen either truck.

7. kipper

kipper LawnSite Member

Just out of curiousity have you priced replacement parts on these real rucks that you are looking at? That has a real part in if you can afford it. Such things as brake rotors, tires, oil changes, and regular preventive maintenance things. Just some food for thought.

8. kemmer

kemmer LawnSite Senior Member

the dodge sounds like a good deal, is it a dually?

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

yes its a dully.

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

That Chevy is overpriced. I paid 11K for a '00 GMC 2500 SLT with power everything and 125K miles. Tell him about $8500 or $9000 for it and that would be an okay deal.