1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

97 F-250 small problem

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SJR Lawncare, Sep 1, 2000.

1. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

My 97 250 with the 351 sometimes when shifting from 1st to 2nd (Automatic trans)makes a loud wierd exhaust noise. it doesnt lose power, just a strange noise. Only happened 3 times in the last 2 months. Anyone had this happen to them or know about this??
    Thanks
    SJR

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Is this the regular F250 that is the new style or the Heavy Duty old style 97 F250. I have the HD old style 97 with the 351, automatic transmission and I've never experianced this problem. How many miles do you have on it?

3. SJR Lawncare

Its the 97 old style Heavy duty. Its got 28,000 miles on it.
    thanks
    SJR

4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Is it possibly still under warrenty?

Geoff

5. SKDCO

SKDCO LawnSite Member

What kind of noise?

6. SJR Lawncare

It is under warranty, but its such a slight problem, it would hardly be worth losing a day to take it to my Ford dealer to check it out. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with theirs. the noise is very hard to explain, its like a whirl sound when it shifted from 1st to second gear & it only happened a couple of times.
    SJR

7. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I would explain it the best ya can to the dealer. Ya never know if its going to be a cheap or expensive fix. I would let them pick up the tab, while ya still can.

Geoff

8. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

SJR, I would ask that question at http://www.ford-diesel.com, a lot of knowledgable Ford folks there that may be able to help.

Ray