1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

'99-02 Walker radiator help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lukefarmkid, Jul 24, 2014.

1. lukefarmkid

lukefarmkid LawnSite Member

I need help with '99 Walker radiator model number.

I'm wondering if any of you out there have the sticker still readable on a '98-'02 MDDGHS. To be clear, this is the 20.9hp diesel.

My radiator is shot and after taking it to a local shop I later discovered that they torched the label when removing the mounting brackets. I recall the company was JB Radiator Specialties. There was a model and (serial?) on the label also. I'm after the model#.

The local dealer wants to sell me the OEM part for $1,025 USD so I am trying to source a cheaper alternative.

Any have a cross-reference part # or somewhere I can buy one for a bit less $$?

Do any of you have a used radiator in good shape you'd be willing to part out?

2. windflower

windflower LawnSite Bronze Member

Mine is a 2008 and the sticker says "Diesel radiator co, Melrose park Ill" Has a phone number I can't read w/o removing it. No serial or model numbers are evident. My sticker is on the back edge of the radiator. I'd think any radiator that would fit would work OK.

3. lukefarmkid

lukefarmkid LawnSite Member

Thanks Windflower for the info!

I'll see what I can find.