1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

99 bottles of ......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by exmarkjockey, May 5, 2004.

1. exmarkjockey

exmarkjockey LawnSite Member

OK, well maybe not 99, but I cleaned up 37 beer bottles:angry: (didn't count the cans) on a small apartment complex that a friend of mine just bought. Do these people not know what a trash can is? Anyway, friend calls me later and asks me how it went and I tell him about the bottles (some of them were broken:blob2: ) He asks me what we should do and I told him to wait till next week to see if this was going to be a weekly thing. If it is what do you guys and gals think I should do? Should I charge him a general clean-up fee or should I charge by the bottle( I might make enough to retire LOL)?
  2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Try it by the bottle they might see it your way after the bill goes out. But if that won't work just charge what you think is just the right amount for a clean-up fee.
  3. EZTarget

EZTarget LawnSite Senior Member

or at least make a case of them full and cold!
  4. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Got one alot better than that. EVERY time I cut this one vacant lot (monthly), there are atleast 8 trashbags full of bottles (beer, wine,vodka, ect.) to pick up.

(They are picked up before I cut, but some have been broken, and only use my Shind.)