'99 F350 Gas Flat bed Dumper

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by mklawnman, Feb 16, 2003.

1. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

I have a chance at buying a 99 F350 5.4Lgas flat bed dumper 4x2. IT has 55,000 miles on it, new tires and new roters on it, the guy said that they are re-doing the floor of the bed because of the stone they hauled last year and over the years of use already. Its a electric dump, dont know if thats good or bad? They put sides on the flat bed too so I could haul mulch and soil around nicely. He did also mention that they are very strick on the payload capacity when hauling soil and rocks around, so that should be some assurance as to that they haven't been beating the crap out of the truck and putting alot of stress on the frame.
    I've done some searching and have found that the engine is a good engine. The guy who I might be buying this from is a landscaper. I will be using it for pulling around a 12ft trailer with a TT and WB on it. But also plan on hauling mulch, soil, leaves and grass.
    Just wanted to see what your opinions are about a flat bed dumper using it for landscape use. For me it would be my first offical work truck and starter truck for me. The KBB is around $14,000. Then the next question is about what type of loan?
    Any imput on this truck would be appreciated. And i will be finding more about it tommorow from the guy at school.
    Matt

2. mklawnman

mklawnman LawnSite Senior Member

Its not a Ford its a GMC 3500 HD, gonna make a new thread for it. I thought he said Ford but it wasnt.
    Matt