99 f350 price ?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by sam c, Jan 12, 2001.

1. sam c

sam c LawnSite Member

i just test drove and test plowed,thanks to an unplowed lot i found,a 1999 f350 duley PSD, auto,no air,windows,or locks, vinal seat and mat,(just the way i like it due to my yellow lab) 9' fisher,omaha elec/hyd dump stake bed w/fold down sides,35k mi.the truck,bed and plow are in mint cond. its at a local used car dealer. he says $28,900 is the best he can do from $29,900. How does this price sound to you guys?

2. G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE

G & S LANDSCAPING SERVICE LawnSite Member

Is this truck a 4x4? or a 2x4 ? makes a big difference.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

My uncle just bought a 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4,2-3 yd dump,9ft Western straight blade,4.10,locking differential,underbody toolboxes on both sides,6.5 turbo diesel,auto,A/c.For 33000 brand new.It is a 12000GVWR,which i think is a little heavier duty than the Ford.I know the powerstroke has more power,the 6.5 is 215hp/430 ft lbs.It does have much more power than the 99 and older ones that were only 190hp/385.He has a 2 yd airflow stainless spreader in it,and it handles it great.

4. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

It isn't a bad price, but it isn't super great. My advice is you can get it for 28,500 and ya like the truck go for it.

BTW it was the powerstrokes prior to 99 with the 190 HP. Also superduty C&Cs have a 12500 GVW.

Only here is some food for thought. After specing an F 350 C&C much like yours, you should be able to find a Brand New truck just like it for 28,000 or less with a few other bells. Just be adviced you will still need to add a body and plow, so your total cost will be higher. However this may be something to think about.

Geoff

5. sam c

sam c LawnSite Member

sorry guys! yes 4x4 and 12,500 GVWR

i`m abbrevation illiterate what`s BTW?

6. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

By the Way!

Thats an easy one!! It took me a few months a first to figureout all these stupid abbreviations too!!

7. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

That same truck/plow new would have cost you about 36K.

8. jason2

jason2 LawnSite Member

I'm not in the market for a new truck yet, but I do like to look. I stopped in at a Ford dealer a couple of weeks ago, to look at cab chassis. They had a new F450 4x4, V10, auto, dually, in XL trim for $31k and some change. Didn't think that was too bad of a price.

9. waterchikn

waterchikn LawnSite Member

I have heard also that the new fords with the power stroke should not have a plow on them if they are super of crew cab, seems with the long frame when you get the plow pushing alot of snow or up to a curb, the front and rear windows blow out because of the twisting frame. Also a friend of mine plows the a new 350 dually and has torn both rear fender wells off. He says the power stroke plows nicely.

10. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Well just figue out what a new one would be probably around $32K for the truck $4-5K for the dump $3,200 for the plow.So i would figure about $3,500 $4,500 for depriation on it .That's the way i try to look at the cost of a used truck plus how the condition of it is.And we all like to pay less than what it actully cost anyway.