$99 House Wash

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by wildstarblazer, May 13, 2012.

1. wildstarblazer

wildstarblazer LawnSite Senior Member

I see guys in my area passing out fliers and ads in the paper fo $99 house washing. Also claim many years experience. Are they cutting corners somewhere or is this like to get their foot in the door type thing?

2. georgialawn88

georgialawn88 LawnSite Bronze Member

your from statesboro. is that where ur seeing this at. that is mighty cheap. somethings not right

3. Doug Rucker

Doug Rucker LawnSite Member

Called an ADVERTISED special, designed to upgrade you and add more money to the sale once they are there. If the customer balks they usually go around and spray cold water on the house real quick and that's it.

Many ways to get around this and the guys that do it around here actually help my business.

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

LOL, would you like soap and hot water with that?

5. lkendall

lkendall LawnSite Member

maybe they are advertising $99 but when you call that price is for a single wide trailer with vinyl siding?haha

6. v6rs97

v6rs97 LawnSite Member

What's normal for a one story ranch?

7. Doug Rucker

Doug Rucker LawnSite Member

250-300. But a lot of variable go into that.

8. I personally dont do 99 dollar washes but i would if there was 20 small ranches in a row. Two 8gpm machines two guys could do 20 houses in a day in the same hood. The real cost of pressure washing is advertising. I really would love to just wash.... 20 houses each day 5days a week ....and put the houses on a annual washing. That would be 10000 gross a week....vs Some would rather sell 3 houses at 300 and drive all over town.4500 week ...kinda like landscapers .....mow 30 yards in one hood or mow 15 all over town....The only way this business model works if the houses are in the same hood and they are put on an annual wash.

9. precisionpower

precisionpower LawnSite Member

It will all depend on your business model. High Value, low volume. Or high volume, low value. I can't do a $99 house wash. Doesn't fit my model, and would really not be worth it.

10. FullBlast

FullBlast LawnSite Member

It is hard to see how anyone that has a real business and does it properly can make any or much money at $99.