$999 for John Deere w/13HP Honda, 3800 psi, 4gpm- good deal?

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by lawnguyland, Mar 29, 2007.

1. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

the title says it all really except it's cold water.

Deal or no deal?

Thanks folks

2. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

$$$ sounds about right. Most likely it's a direct drive unit. What are you planning to do with the machine?

3. lawnguyland

You are correct sir- direct drive, thanks for the reply. I simply plan on cleaning my car, truck , equip, patio stuff, and my parent's house with it. I may offer pwashing to existing landscape clients as well, but I'm not planning on starting a business or anything. I think it's almost too much for just those things, but it will be a lot faster than with a smaller unit and time=$!

4. poolboy

poolboy LawnSite Silver Member
    from earth

That unit will work fine, plus in the future you can get a small surface cleaner to work with that unit to speed things up.

5. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I saw the same machine at Lowes. I'm considering buying one myself.

6. mverick

mverick LawnSite Senior Member

I got the northern tool 24hp 5000psi unit. Lots of power but be carefull you can tear stuff up. I got 2 pallet containers for 250gallons a piece and just load them on my trailer if needed.

7. mverick

Oh, you can also use them to trench for small lines and blow holes under side walks. Lots of uses.

8. lawnguyland

Ooooooooo! I never thought of that. That's a good one. I'd probably use an edger to trench, but the under the sidewalk idea is great! That's why I wade thru the piles of useless crap to get to gems like that! Brilliant~ thank you!

9. lawnguyland

That's the one! I got it, but haven't started it yet since I don't want water in the pump yet as the temps are still freezing at night. I'll let ya know how it is. It matches my mowers (how cheeeeesy).

10. mverick

Yea trencher is better but when you're trying to lay a pipe in new dirt and don't have the trencher with you. Ya use what ya got. :)

It does blow mud all over though so use at your discretion.