9HP LS Revitalizer – belts, review & comments

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by 1966vette, Sep 21, 2010.

1. jnt412

jnt412 LawnSite Member

I think 1966vette broke it down pretty well. As the rental place showed me how to operate the TR, they also let me try out the machine before taking it. During this process the machine worked well with no problems. When I arrived at the client's residence and placed seed in the hooper, it worked fine for about 10 minutes. Afterwards, it started to struggle going up hills. Then it had problems moving forward on level ground. THEN, the engine stalled twice while trying to go up hill which I knew at that point this machine wasn't worth renting.

My point is, if the rental place or the customer doesn't notice a problem while trying out the machine, sometimes it will not get noticed. Far as the belt you referenced. I have owned belt driven mowers in the past that never needed a 10 hour adjustment. I own a belt driven trench digger and never had a belt issue or had to adjust it.

Yesterday I had to redo the seeding job the TR had initially done. Yet another decision I wasn't happy out.

2. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have seeded around 45-50 yards with the revitalizer this season and your experience on one yard hardly gives you the ability to criticize the abilities of the revitalizer, especially being that you used one from a rental store.Not trying to bust your balls but seriously your experience is a little premature. Think about how much abuse that machine takes from people that absolutely don't care about the rental unit. The revitalizer is the very best seeder on the market. Name one machine that does a better job, or as easy to use.

3. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Rabbitman, you rented the TR unit once and totally righting it off in your statement "stick with Bluebird or Classen".

You have no knowledge of the history of this machine, who used it , what was done to it, if any maintence was performed, but it seems people who own the machines (including myself) are seeing amazing results, with NONE of the issue mentioned above.

The LS TR is the very best seeder on the market, it you prefer the Bluebird or Classen... all the best!

4. 1966vette

1966vette LawnSite Member

1. Everyone is entitled to their own option about the LS Revitalizer. People who disagree w/ your opinion because the machine did not meet all of their expectations should not be criticized.

2. I based my opinions & recommendations on the machine’s performance I experienced. I rented a 6 HP & 9 HP Revitalizer and had (16) hours of total machine use. I am not required to renovate over 40 lawns before I can have an opinion about the Revitalizer’s performance.

3. Yes, I was impressed w/ the machine’s performance when it was functioning properly and it did an excellent job of slit seeding my lawn.

4. However, I had to replace (2) belts & shim a drive belt to slit my 1.1 acre lawn. Why?

5. This is my last comment about this machine!

5. RABBITMAN11

Your Question......Why......You fixed it!!!!So if the rental store would have done what you did than the machine would run properly. Obviously the rental store doesn't maintain the equipment.. So how is that Lawn solutions fault? Thats exactly like a homeowner saying why is my lawn all burn up. Its called the responsibility of the homeowner to water their lawn. Come on really. How do you like it when the homeower blames you for their lawn being in bad shape when they don't water or mow properly...I guess the fert and weed control should come with water...Its really simple maintain the equipment, and it will function properly.

6. EastCoast

This machine has now been altered from it's factory settings and parts. So the next person to rent this equipment may have more issues.

Nobody is doing what's best for the equiptment, but what's best for themselves. The machine should of been returned!

Were all modifications reported back to the rental agency?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. jnt412

jnt412 LawnSite Member

So everytime someone rents this machine they should carry a backup belt?.. Oh wait.. Maybe the rental company should replace the belt everytime a customer rents it. If I knew the belt had to be tightened manually like a alternator belt I wouldn't have rented this machine to begin with. The A/C Compressor on my SUV has a self tensioner and this machine doesn't. ???

8. RABBITMAN11

Its pretty simple come on! If the rental store would maintain their equipment than he wouldn't be having issues... But what your saying is lawn solutions should go to every rental store and change belts and do regular maintance.. Come on, lets use our brains here. Its the job of every owner to properly maintanin there equipment or expect problems...

9. EastCoast

If you want to do a review on any equiptment, in fairness it should be "new" equiptment, not "rental" equiptment. Everyone is entiltled to there opinion, but lets be fair when eviewing a machine.

Regardless of how many times this unit was rented 1, 3, 100, it been used, abused, now it's been altered and then passed on to the next person. So if the next person does a review on this machine, it now has "AutoZone" belts along with shimming of the drive belt.

10. jnt412

jnt412 LawnSite Member

Feel free to re-read my previous reply to your post. I didn't mention LS at all :confused: Yes, the rental compnay does have to share the blame as well for not maintaining the trans. belt. But, Lawn Solutions is selling a product with a trans. belt that isn't maint. free. Knowing that other seeders most likely doesn't require it, the belt maint. could easily go un-noticed. I have tillers and a trench digger that run on maint. free belts. No adjustment is needed. With the price of the TR, I could purchase a fleet of tillers and not worry about a belt slipping or smoking.

Rental Review - If the TR is heavy duty enough to be a rental machine AND I was the second person to rent it, then I see no problems in this regard.