1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A.A.H. Equipment/Lawn Pics

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by aahotard, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Wecutgrass

Wecutgrass LawnSite Senior Member

nice, dawg. I just went and got my 16 ft toro ground master, picked it up just a little bit ago.
  2. GreenGiant94

GreenGiant94 LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup. I like your scag. Does it work well for ya?
  3. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

some pics from today.

4. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

yeah, i get pretty good use out of the scag. not as much as the 32" and the 21" though. The scag was bought by my grandpa actually. He's 85 and owns 65 acres's in kiln, ms, 45 acres that are cleared and get mowed by it. I have to do all this cutting on the scag since he is not able to do it on his old tractors anymore. I just bring it with me every time i go to cut it but bring it home and use it in New Orleans as much as i can. He is fine with me doing that because of the time i put into his land. That is where the pic's of the open field came from. His house in kiln.
  5. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

Nice man..it looks great.
  6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Nice stuff, how's the truck doing with that load? I know a guy around here who used to use his S-10 to haul a car trailer with his "show car" on it. Needless to say he practically killed that truck.
  7. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

The truck does fine with the load. I used to have a 98 s10 that had the 4cyl. but totaled it due to an old couple running a red light(thank god the mowers were strapped down, i hit them doing like 30mph! and couldn't stop in time) That engine didnt like the load to much. But this S 10 which is a 96 has the 4.3L V6 does fine pulling my 32 and 21 and even the scag. Only problem pulling the scag is my suspension. the back of my truck sits a little low when pulling it but power is not the problem having the V6. I was going to add a helper spring in the back to keep the rear end up a bit more but it was gonna be four hundred and something dollars so opted not to do it since i'll be getting my grandpa's old sierra soon enough.
  8. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

one of the nicer ones..

9. GreenGiant94

GreenGiant94 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow man how long does it take you to mow the 45acres with the scag? How aften do you have to mow it?
  10. aahotard

aahotard LawnSite Member

It takes about a day and a half. Thats with one person on the scag and one person on the tractor with a 5ft finish mower on the 3pt hitch.