a bankrubt client that owes

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ant, Jan 20, 2002.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

what are something i can do to recover for services that was done to a company that went bankrubt while i was still servicing them?
    (farm and country)
    ant

2. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

You can put a claim in with the court. but that does not mean you will get anything.

3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

SOL :(

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Yep.

I had a contract with Jumbo Sports when they went under, owed me over 4k, trust me the lawn guy will be the last on the list of concerns.

How much??

5. kirby

Ditto here 15 electrics stores full service to.
    We aint gonna get a dime .
    Almost had a heart attack where i heard they were fileing bankrupsey

6. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i got a letter a few weeks ago and it talked about the bankrub company. they stopped payment on one check for under 300.00 and they owe me 800.00
    ant

7. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

WOW--I was floored when they closed their store here! they had so much stuff that I really shopped there alot.

GEO

8. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

You gotta be in their vendors list. Did the letter come from a bankruptsy judge or the company itself. Depends on if it is chapter 7 or 11 filing.

But to answer your question, you can't do anything but wait and probably kiss the money good bye.

9. SCL

SCL LawnSite Senior Member

Why is this here and not in elements of business/ My next question is are there any companies that offer insurance against this? I would think that businesses like credit card companies can't absorb all the money they get stuck for.

10. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

No insurance but that is why business's make credit checks before extending credit.

I don't check all the time, but I have checked a few individuals and companies over the years. With genreal contrctors I talk to their subs.