A better grade of lawn

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Gold Leaf Lawnscapes, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Gold Leaf Lawnscapes

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes LawnSite Member

I was wondering what you all do to get more higher grade lawns. I'm not talking high end residential, just nicer average sized lawns.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

To do what??? Do you have something to offer the people with the lawns you want???

3. Gold Leaf Lawnscapes

Gold Leaf Lawnscapes LawnSite Member

Mainly lawn maintenance. We offer 3 different service options when we give an estimate so the customer can choose whichever option best fits their budget and what they would like done. We seem to get a lot of lawns that need work but the customer doesn't want to spend money on the lawn to treat weeds or weak lawns.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

I find that if people do not want to kill weeds, they are often willing to grow grass... it used to be that weeds were not the main problem, but that dirt, dust and mud were what people disliked the most about shabby lawns... if you got the reputation for growing thick lawns at a reasonable price, you just may have increased your market share and eventually just do what you enjoy most...