A big brand new yellow LEMON

Discussion in 'Great Dane' started by pinnacle, Nov 10, 2003.

1. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Guys,

In buisness I hate having to take the "hard line" as this is not me. I'm sure you guys at GD have had to tkae the hardline in the past??

Well here goes...................My brand new charroit with 8 hrs on it is a complet lemon.

1/ Deck problem: You may find this hard to belive (F Knows I did) but the deck fell off completly on the front right as I was mowing today. I noticed an uneven cut so I stoped and looked over the unit to see the whole arm that ataches to the main deck shaft on the front right had just fallen off...........Yes fallen off for F's sake.
    This is a joke guys! I have scalped the s#it out of a whole lot of my clients lawn (and this leaves me with NO account now as the
    guy came out and gave me the sack straight away..............Thanks GD!)

Words cannot disreibe how I fell right now. I will litrely lose sleep over this $18,500 problem until its rectifyed.

2/ MAJOR engine issues (25 Kohler)
    * Surging right through the rev range
    * Engine is knocking at start up and shut down
    * VERY LARGE AMOUNTS OF THICK BLACK SMOKE is pouring out the muffler at startup
    * ALWAYS back fires at shut down

*3 Hydualuic fluid leaking out the top of the resivoure (no biggi)

These arn't the type of issues that a COMMERCIAL mower should have with 8 hours on it.

Now I would like to think that someone there is going to ring my dealer (I have no probs with the dealer. Hes a good guy and these are YOUR issues to be taken care of) and sort this out ASAP cause F knows I a'm SO UPSET about this and I want Anouther mower when It all comes down to it. This is a lemon I don't want this and that fixed..............I want a new one!

Please try and understand why I fell like this.

Not happy GD..................To be very honnest I'm realy upset.

Dealer details:
    PHONE #: 02 6622 3999 (I don't know the international code, so you will have to find out)

Please advise

Alex Callaghan

Pinnacle Landscapes

2. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Pinnacle,

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. I am not sure about the deck issue but it sounds like a deck hanger came loose. The engine problems can be handled by your dealer and the Kohler or Kawasaki rep. Please give me time to get in touch with our Australia distributor and we can get this taken care of. We are proud of the commercial equipment that we manufacture and feel that it is the very best. I will be in touch soon.

Thanks,

PS: I do understand your frustration and appreciate your comments.

3. pinnacle

djp: Thanks for the reply.

I had possibly one of the worst days i've ever had yesterday and these issues were the iceing on the cake for me and I had to vent my feelings.

I "would" like to ask for a new machine but I want to give the benifit of the dought so if someone in all honesty and good faith can tell me that these problems will be fully rectified I am happy to meet you half way.

I would suggest that you fax GD Australia. Aposed to calling them. But if you need a time I can get one that will least effect your sleep......Please advise.

Thankyou for understanding.

Alex Callaghan

BTW: The Chariot is great apart from these things.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Alex
    Let them fix it, It sounds like they care. And I do know how you are feeling.
    John

5. pinnacle

Jhon,
    I'll let them fix it but I just need to be reasured that every thing will be fully rectified.

Yes mate it dose sound like they care and I realy appreciate that fact.

Sorry to hear you have had similar issues before.............Not a nice experiance, Is it.

Thanks for your support Jhon :)

6. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Alex,

Just thought I would drop you a note to see how things were going with your Chariot. Please let me here from you.

Thanks,

7. pinnacle

djp,
    Good. I've racked up 35hrs since the last time I had it in the shop Its been good.

My dealer is really good guy and he was there to help/support the whole time.

The deck Hanger was faulty but I put a metal ring around the bar that the hanger fits onto so it tightens up well now.

Did you hear about any other units having this problem?

And the engine issue has been sorted too.
    There was about enough gum in the carby to fill a match box.

I fell like a bit of an a#s posting what I did.........but at the time thats what I felt like saying. Ya know?............I just had to vent.
    Just me I spose.

On anouther note, my dealer says that they pitch all the decks on the mowers they sell so there perfectly level front to back. I told him as far as I know they should be pitched at 1/4 - 1/8 lower at the front of the deck and he said they don't cut as well this way.
    This sounds wrong to me?

Thanks for askin djp!

Have a good one mate!

8. djp

djp LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Pinnacle,

Venting is uderstandable. You purchase this equipment to make a living and down time cost you money. I am glad things seem to be under control. You are correct the deck should be slightly lower in the front. Keep me posted on how the units are doing. Many thanks for your understanding and thanks for using Great Dane.

Happy Holidays,

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

See everybodys happy! Have a great Holiday!!
    John

10. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

:happy: