A bit nevous...

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Pelican, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Pelican

Pelican LawnSite Member

Usually by this time other years I'm booking jobs in to July, but this year the phone has been slow. I'm hoping it's due to the number of false starts Spring has made and will change soon. Anyone else experiencing this trend? It has me a little nervous:confused:
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Thinks it's cause of the crazy weather...and lack of Winter in a lot of the country. Plus the entire eastern seaboard is going through a really bad drought.

just my 2 cents
  3. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

I would bet the weather is causing the out-of-sight out-of-mind scenerio too! Out here in Nebraska we have had warm spells followed by cold spells and snow. We put out flyers too early yet every time it's at 60 people are calling off the flyers from three weeks ago. It gets cold again and of course the calls subside. ??
    Same holds true for our direct marketing efforts.
  4. LawnLad

LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member

Slower here too. Talked with a couple of other companies, and they're slow as well.

Weather, economy, indifference. The customers will call when it's an emergency because they know we'll all jump - but they don't want to pay emergency prices. Be patient - the phone will ring.

We just started redistributing flyers into the some areas we hit three to four weeks ago. We'll see what happens.

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I think people are waiting for the stock market to do something. I've noticed people are a little gun shy about having extra's done.