a bobbygedd story....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tiedeman, Feb 23, 2004.

1. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

So I have been busting my butt all day today doing snow removal and a customer calls from out of state (snowbird).

She: Just wanted to call you up to tell you that because of you not taking care of the leaves in our eves water backed up and caused $2,600 ice and water damage to our garage

Me: What are you talking about. I am sure that the ice and water damage is not from a result from us, if you were here for our winter you would see how many roofs are leaking because of the heavy snow, sleet, ice, etc. In fact I am so offended that you would accuse me of this damage that I think that you need to find someone else to take care of your property this year.

She: Good, I never liked you anyways. Stay off my property then, because I will find someone else.

WE HANG UP

Well, I decide to look through my records and the last time that I did a eves cleaning was in July. So I call her back up.

Me: You owe me an apology. The last time that we performed an eves cleaning was July, and you were never billed or received any additional cleanings after then, so the leaves build up was not a result of our service, but your neglect for not asking us to do any more eves cleaning.

She: But there were leaves, sticks, etc. in the eves and they were full.

Me: Right they probably were, because you never had use clean them up in the fall.

She: But there were leaves and everything from when you didn't clean them properly last time.

She continues on and on and then I can hear her relative in the background complaining and so I finally just blow up

Me: WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD THAT THE LAST TIME WE DID ANY EVES CLEAN UP WAS IN JULY, SO OF COURSE THERE WOULD BE LEAVES IN FROM THE FALL BECAUSE WE NEVER CLEANED THEM IN THE FALL BECAUSE YOU NEVER ASKED US. WHY CAN'T YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD.

She: I don't need to be talked to like this

She then hangs up.

So that was my fun and interesting day. When I told my manager about the situation he was so happy because of all the trouble that we had with her the previous 2 years.

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

You missed 6 perfect spots for the f word.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

LOL, I think there probably could have been others things added as well

4. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

And what I'm wondering is since when did "bobbygedd" become an adjective? (SP?) <G>

Cool story though. :)

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

But the leaves were there because you didn't clean them out....

:D :D :D

6. robertyb

robertyb LawnSite Member
    from ga

Wait, wait... you mean I can sue my lawn care guy that was not under contract in the first place because he did not show to mow my leaves at the end of the year and my eaves now backed up and caused damage but I never hired him to clean my gutters anyway? COOL!!!!

7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Good story tiedeman
    Next chapter is she calls her attorney and sues becouse you did not clean out the leaves in the fall you have to hire an attorney to prove the woman never called to have them cleaned. Her attorney gets paid for from ins. co. and you get screwed having to defend your self for no reason. I hope you don't have that kind of luck and your done with her. best of luck and it was a good story.

Mac

8. Josey Wales

Josey Wales LawnSite Member

That was fun adding my own explitives to your replys in my head as I read it LOL.

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah i know. did you come up with 6 like i did?

10. Josey Wales

Josey Wales LawnSite Member

I came up with 9 and they weren't all the "f" word. LOL.