A brand you never see

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Dec 6, 2005.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Nobody uses snapper pro. Am I right or wrong.
  2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

You are correct. Not necessarily because it is poor quality, but because not many dealers carry the product line.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

My stihl dealer is also a snapper dealer, i have never seen one of those mowers anywhere but at that dealer, exmark is the main brand here.
  4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

Our park uses two of the frount mounts but are getting turf tigers next year.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have two 36" Snapper WB hydro units that are about 5 years old, about the same as Pro? We use them in trucks everyday and they seem okay, not as solid as our Scag units. I got one after Snapper traded us for a belt drive unit that never worked and bought second one as demo from one of the theme parks.
  6. Need a Little Trim

Need a Little Trim LawnSite Member

I have a snapper pro walk behind just bought in October.
  7. S man

Is the quality of their ztrs up to par with other top brands?
  8. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

A friend of mine demoed one of their ZTRs when one of his Hustlers was down and didn't like it. He ended up putting one of his employees on it so he could mow with his other 60" Hustler.
  9. S man

Is it the deck quality or the mower itself?
  10. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

snapper pro is big in my area, one lco that's all they run and they have 5 crew's of 3-5 five guy's. I have a commercial 05 snapper 21 that run's great.
    I am thinking of demoing a rider in the spring, I drove one around there parking lot and the empty lot behind there shop(most have been a lot of demo's no grass left to cut) the seem to be pretty solid.