a brown out

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Sep 8, 2005.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i have some lawns that are starting to turn,its almost time but the drought here seems to have rushed the dormant stage quite a bit.i cant make my pics smaller to put them on here to show ya.just wondering if it was just here that it was happening. ;) also i think its time to take everyone to a 10-14 day cutting.what yall think?

2. befnme

ok i figured it out here is a pic.

IM000556.JPG

3. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

The areas are died and will needed to be reseeded, We have about 100 lawns that need seeding. We are going to start next week and will put a picture of how we do it on the first of the week.

4. befnme

died? i dont know? maybe? heck just 2 weeks ago this was a lush green lawn of centipede.i got others of cent. that are doing the same thing in spots.

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

It's just stress on the centipede from the lack of water.

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

But Meg-Mo that isn't fescue he is showing it is centipede and where he is it is either sprigged in or laid by sod not seeded like you do fescue and rye.

It is a warm season grass and it is simply nearing it's end of season plus it has not had any water. Water will bring it back for a little while before it goes dormat.

7. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

so fast, it would make one's head spin...spell check does wonders, huh?

8. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Huh? :confused:

9. befnme

and am i two belive that you hav nevor mispeled a wurd.wow whot a guy.can i get your autograff ?it's simply amazine i got critisized by the only purson in tha wurld to nevor mispel a wurd.oh my god wate untill i call my relotives and tell them.dang i might even contak the nuws papor.i feal specal ,thanks for tha advise.and by tha way mi hed did spen :dizzy: you musta throed that mity fast. :rolleyes:

10. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I'm still trying to figger owt watt wurd you mispeled.