1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A/c Makes Me Lazy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheKingNJ, May 23, 2004.

1. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

We just had central air conditioning installed this spring and now that my house is at a cool 68 degreese I never want to leave. I've never had this problem before. anyone have a similar experence?
  2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

last year was the first time having AC in the house. I vowed never to have until after the experience from last year. I can't go without it now
  3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

It's really nice after mowing in 75+ weather. I get to the point I don't even want the windows open, I can't stand the sticky feeling when it's humid, just turn on the air please.
  4. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

yes now that I have A/c i couldn't immagine living without it.
  5. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

I don't turn the a/c on until it gets in the 90's and stays there but I find that when Ihave it on and get home from mowing I basicaly have to get out of the truck and get started on what ever i've got going on at home because if I go inside I'm useless
  6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

68 ..... I'd have to have my jacket on
  7. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

Try setting the thermostat to a more realistic setting--like 78 degrees--and maybe the contrast won't seem so deadly.
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

thats rolling down the windows while we are driving weather :)
  9. The Lawn Boy Pro

The Lawn Boy Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

yeah, something like 75, and use a de-humidifier in the summer!!! It makes a world of difference!!!!!:p
  10. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Whats the point of AC if you have it set at 78? I like it down there at 70 when its hot out.:cool: