A/C when working- Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Feb 23, 2005.

?

Do you use Air Conditioning when mowing in summer?

1. Yes

70 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No

68 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Please vote whether or not you use a/c when working (mowing) in summer. It would sure keep the truck much cleaner and I beleive present a better image than going windows down with arms hanging out the windows. Only problems are, hot when you first get in the truck, and someone mentioned they don't use it because it sucks more power.

2. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

hot cold hot cold hot cold.... I save the a/c for a treat on the way home at the end of the day. The hot cold cycles durring the day would make me sick.

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Move to Florida and you will see hot.

I don't want AC in any of my trucks with crews. AC means they will hang inthe truck to cool off. Time spent cooling off costs me money.

Getting cooled off between jobs just makes it worse at the next one and kills your sinuses.

I Vote no AC. Drink water, preferably room temp and bring an extra shirt.

AC is for wimps and wannabees in my opinion.

4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I run the ac on low from time to time. I used to never use it, but sometimes you have to (want to) have a little cool air.

5. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

so you don't have air conditioning at your home? oh yeah, i'm a wannabee. i wannabee cool and not burning up. :dizzy:

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

99 percent of the time I don't use the a/c. Once in a while I will run it if I really feel overheated. Even then it is run with the widows down so it feels like a cool breeze.

7. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Never while working. Only at the end of the day.

8. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

AC always going full blast. We crack the windows a little so it won't freeze us out.

9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

When I hit the ignition switch my other hand is hitting the AC button! I have high blood pressure and I run hot all the time. I even run it in the winter sometimes for a few. I had rather have AC than a heater or radio!

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Wow i'm kinda surprised. I figured more would say yes.. I see the good and bad points as far as lingering in truck, body and sinuses adjusting, etc.