A Cheap Total Vegetation Killer

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Joey'sVee, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Joey'sVee

Joey'sVee LawnSite Member

I have always bought Roundup from Lowes and Home Depot but I'm always tempted to buy the other cheaper products. Are they as good? Are they just Roundup that has been diluted?

What is the cheapest total vegetation killer that works? :dancing:

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

are you liscensed to be putting down that kind of stuff? theres a lot more powerful chemicals out there, i used to use Round-up Pro & Scythe. but without being liscensed you shouldnt be putting anything down.

3. Joey'sVee

Um...I can put roundup down on my yard if I want. Your telling me I have to have a liscense to spray a weed in my own yard with round up? Remember this area of the forum is for homeonwers.

4. Raven386

from CT

Sorry didnt even notice!

5. Raven386

from CT

the cheaper stuff from H/D or Lowes. is just another version of Round-Up. they dont last aslong and dont kill as quickly. get yourself the round-up super concentrate i think its called. its the one with the purple label and cap.

6. you could always use salt water.

7. Joey'sVee

That's ok! Thanks for the help!

8. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

There are many generic versions of R-up that work just as good. I've had good success with Honcho (made by Monsanto) and Clear-out 41.

9. mountianview

mountianview LawnSite Member

boiling water or fertilizer double dose non toxic,works.

10. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out agrisupply.com. You can get generic roundup for $59.00/2-1/2 gal container (if my memory is correct). You have to be careful when you buy roundup at homeowner oriented stores, they cut the concentration down from 40% (full strength). Lots of these stores make money selling water.:dizzy: :dizzy: