A client told me ...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Ramone, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Ramone

Ramone LawnSite Member

I was told by a client that the i havent been completing my duties because i dont do the alley . The alley looks like a forest . She saying all of her other lawn services did the alley with no extra fee's . I would to have start up my saw to clear that out and that to me is considered a clean up . What do you guys think . THIS INCIDENT HAPPEN IN DETROIT
  2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

How long have you been doing the property? Did she say anything about the alley when you bid the property?
  3. Martin Lawn

Martin Lawn LawnSite Member

If it wasn't in your initial bid I would give her a price quote and see what she says and tell her that the price wans't based on clearing the alley. If her previous lawn service was giving her such a good deal how come they aren't servicing the account anymore????
  4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

What she meant by it is that she would be a likely candidate for that 15% group of customers who see a price increase for next season.

I'm ok with the comment per se, just not the 'our duties' part, uhm, come to think of it, it's all in that condescending tone...
    Hence why it might be a good time to raise the price, you might wait but there's likely more to come from this one.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh, I did realize...

If you're not ready for that, try and politely ignore it.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I haven't posted in a while, so I'll spend some time schooling the rookie..... If you need a saw, obviously the craps been growing for a while. How long have you had this customer? Long enough for that crap to grow into trees? She knows your a rookie and shes trying to take advantage of you because she thinks your stupid and shes smarter than you. Don't quit, but find ways to spend less time on that job, like mow faster or trim every other week. Another thing to note. She hired you because you were the cheapest price. This gives you the flexability to do a crappier job and get away with it. If she pays you to clean out the alley, garbage not included, then be nice to her again.
  7. Ramone

Ramone LawnSite Member

I've have the account for two months and the alley was not talked about . She say's every lawn service she had before me the alley was included without mention the alley should go without say
  8. CrewKut

CrewKut LawnSite Member

No Way! If all the previous LCO's did it, then why is it so overgrown? Stick to your guns. If it wasn't specifically discussed and included in the deal, then it is additional services.

Give her an estimate on that job (if you want to do it). She can either accept or decline. She'll show her true colors at the end of the discussion. If she is reasonable and you can both agree on terms for the additional cleanup job, then keep her. If she insists that you do it for free and won't even discuss any other terms, then it's time to move on.

Just remember, You control your business, not the customer. I would not get too far ahead on the billing with her (I hope she is paid up), until this is worked out. She could be setting you up.

Might be time to start looking for another customer to fill that slot in your schedule. I'm sure you will get this worked out. :walking:

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

She say's every lawn service she had before me

thats the problem drop her
  10. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

you got good advice here. Saplings dont' grow overnight. If you have had the account for 2 seasons it's doubtfull that it would look like that. Point that out to her and if she doesn't want to pay for the initial clean up and continued increase in time to maintain it drop her and move on.