a close customer passed away

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Mar 6, 2003.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i got a e-mail today from one of my customers wife saying that her husband died of a heart attack just b4 christmas ,I wanted to know if you think sending flowers is to personal .I e-mailed her with my sympathy but i dont feel it is enough .

Thanks ronnie
  2. molivares

molivares LawnSite Member

I would mail her a Sympathy card with some caring words.

I think flowers would be a waste since they end up in the garbage at the end. Most of the time the flowers are discarded right away since no one is really enjoying them anyway.
  3. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

If its a long time customer, then I would send flowers. It might be a little late now if it happened in December. Why didn't the wife contact you around when it happened so you could of gone to the wake?
  4. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

just a thought--you could call her back and let her know that you would like to make a donation to a charity of her choice..if she says that it is not necessary then i would just send a nice card..
  5. hoffmanlandscaping

hoffmanlandscaping LawnSite Member

If he was a close customer I would send flowers even though it has been approx two month ago. I would not worry about the personal aspect of it, it just show you have a heart and are not jut there to collect money but value their business and have shows you have a heart. The only way that I would not send flowers is if you feel she would take it bad.
  6. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

How about plant a tree in there yard in his memory
  7. Boycea

Boycea LawnSite Senior Member

I like Harry D's idea about planting a tree for the customer in memory of him. We did this for a customer who lost a child at birth, it is a nice gesture and will last longer than flowers. I dont see a problem with either one of the ideas.
  8. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

A card, and a live plant for indoors. :angel:
  9. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Sounds like a great idea! But the others sound good too.