A Cold day in Hell

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by americanlawn, Feb 12, 2008.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

It will be a cold day in hell before my company buys foreign trucks over AMERICAN.:usflag:

Recent news stories show that Jap trucks are becoming more popular than "American" trucks. Well.........Count me out for foreign vehicals. We'll buy AMERICAN every time!

Anybody else sticking up for our Country? rscvp, americanlawn:usflag::canadaflag:

2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

How about a chevy w4500?

3. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Best of luck buying an "American made" Truck or car... Even if it's assembled here, the majority of the parts are from foreign countries. I read/have heard that the Toyota Tundras are more American made than the Chevy or Ford trucks. Dodges are just made in Mexico, lol.

4. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

My wife's 2003 Honda Odyssey was built in Alabama...sure the profits may go to Japan, but it was American workers that built it...and all car manufacturer's are inter-twined...Ford/Mazda, Chevrolet/Isuzu/, Dodge/Mitsubishi..

5. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude you need to chill out and have a beer- Everything is a world maket now- All of my Fords have so many 'Made in Mexico' parts.

6. SimonCX

SimonCX LawnSite Senior Member

Where have you been living? I don't think there is one american car, truck, motorcycle that is all american parts.

7. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

You guys have no idea, I'm from Detroit MI and you can see the effect on the area from people like you that are buying from none American companies. Everyone that wants to argue about it should come see in it SE MI for themselves. It’s not just the auto makers them selves, it’s the thousands of other companies that make and design parts for the big three. I won't drive foreign, if my clients aren't working, I'm not working. I'm with you American Lawn, we all should buy american.

8. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

Now why do you think that is? Let’s think about it for minute. The big 3 can no longer afford to make the parts in America, thus the hundreds and thousands of shops/machine shops in my area closing, causing thousands of people to lose great paying jobs.

9. Total Landscape Solutions

Total Landscape Solutions LawnSite Member

MJK
    Thank your local union

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!