A commercial 1 gal battery operated sprayer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Cheryl, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I cannot find a commercial 1 gal battery operated sprayer. The closest item I found was a Northern Tool + Equipment Item that cost $69 and was junk. Does anyone know who makes a good unit?

2. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Never heard of a one gal battery operated sprayer .
    It would be too smalll .
    2 gal ele would be better .
    If you find one , let me know .

3. ArizPestWeed

Shurflo makes a 4 gal ele back pack sprayer .
    I've got 2

4. Cheryl

Cheryl LawnSite Member
    from Florida

I also have a Shurflo 4 gal. but would like to do the inside of homes with a 1 gal. I don't want to haul around a 4 gal. sprayer inside the house.

5. ArizPestWeed

Cheryl
    I've offten thought of this .
    A 1 gal ele. back pack sprayer that is collapsible .
    Fits close to your back .
    It would leave you with a free hand .
    It make sooo much sense .
    Don't ya think ?

Why don't you design & manufacture one .

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Cheryl

Most GHP guys Oops people, are using B&G sprayers for inside. Yes they are not only a pump up sprayer, but Costly. They are the Stainless Steel one Gallon sprayer that you might of seen many GHP companies use. They not only last forever, But can be rebuild. Now the Biggie with them is the shut off. The needle shut off, runs the length of the wand and shut off right at the Tip. No drip. Now I am sure you under stand the value of a long wand that doesn't dripple premature.:D

Now anytime you are treating in food areas it is important not to poison the customer. The quality of a B&G type sprayer is important for positive placement of chemicals. B&G is about $ 250.00 by now, but worth the expense. BTW Chaplin also makes the same type sprayer and one time was tied in with B&G.

7. ArizPestWeed

1B&G for $185 if you look around

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Weed Master

Last one I bought was from Lesco on sale for $ 185.00 in fact. Depending on where you buy anything the price will vary. But I am sure you will agree with me on the B&G type sprayer being the only inside Professional sprayer there is.

Since pesticide either attract, Repeal or are neutral. I have several B&G and do not cross mix chemicals.

9. ArizPestWeed

Ric

Yes , I agree.
    I lost my only B&G 2 weeks ago . Don't know where it went .
    However , I've found quart size hand pump sprayers at Walmart good for selective 'cides like Termidor, Phantom , Gentrol and Poast .
    I really wish they would make the 1 gal or the .5 gal tanks more space saving , shaped like rectangle so they would take up les space .

There's some improvement needed .
    No wait , there's a lot of improvement needed .
    The 'cides manufactures spend , they claim , 20 million dollars one each 'cide .
    There ain't shiit for us to use that's quality , except the B&G.
    We need more .
    A one gal P/B ele spreyer for inside would be perfect .

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Weed Master

I gave up my Termite License and try and stay away from GHP as much as possible. However I will agree about smaller sprayer since my chemicals go bad before I can use them. I like your Idea about square tanks and a possible space saving rack to carry the in. However I use a bigger sprayer for perimeter treatments since Termidor has been re-labeled. Once again I don't cross mix Termidor and Talstar. I have had good luck with Termidor on the outside only, when the customer was not home. I think as these Pesticides improve we will be out of a job. Look how easy Carpenter ants have become.

However we now have White Foot Ants in my area. So total control of them is another story. Maybe I speak To soon about the ease of new chemistry. Trust me when I say you don't want white foot stress, however White Foot money is very Green. I personally have stayed away from White Stress.