A Couple Armsden & Son Jobs From Last Season

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Armsden&Son, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

My Bad!!!!!!

I had already posted that one!

Sorry!

2. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

Looks real clean.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Armsden&Son

Thanks Jrs.!!!!!

I am so pumped to be able to start posting some stripe photos and try and give the GoldPro a run for his money! LOL

P.S... GoldPro stripe photos are AMAZING!!!!

4. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Looking good!!! Cant wait for your pics this season!
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JContracting

JContracting LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't believe it took me until now to come across your thread! :waving: :laugh:

That first landscape makes we want to start hustling installs!! Winter keeps holding its grip on us here, with a rain/snow mix Thursday then possibly more snow Thursday night when temps go below freezing :realmad:
    I'm more of a fan of the plastic edging (when bought in 20' strips, not the swirls like homeowners get from home depot), that's pretty standard here in the midwest, the spade edge isn't for me. Haven't had a client request anything besides that other than the crappy bullet edging which I'm NEVER doing again, what a joke.

We certainly have lots of discussions about getting out of the field and delegating! It's the only way to go to make it big. As I said before, if someone truly enjoys the work (as you and I do), being out of the field and in the office and taking an hour or two a week to mow/fertilize/spray/trim shrubs at the shop/your house as well as creating an extravagant hardscape & landscape install at your house & shop is a great way to go about it. I know I'm excited for that when I purchase a house.

With the roadside ditches, I'm certain my first house I purchase (next year at this time) will have something similar to that on each side of the driveway, my plan is to install a rain garden because mowing those areas sucks!!

Do you also mow that brown building's property that's next to the gas station?

6. Armsden&Son

Thanks J!!!

Means a lot to me that you peeped my thread...

I completely, 100% agree with you about the difference between the plastic edging.... And when I bought some in the 20ft. strips, it also had more of a pliable feel to it.... Not like the swirls which bend and dent when you shape them...

I do also mow that brown building next to that property...

It's a good little account because a lot of people stop by there for gas and their liquid crack (Dunkin Donuts) hahaha... Hey, I'm addicted too....

When I start a 2014 thread I will post up some better pics of the stripes on that property.... I can do those hills diagonally going up them, they are pretty steep and the Walker bangs em right out... Some of the other local LCO's have asked me how I do it... I just laugh and tell them to demo a Walker! (Nobody runs them in my area)

7. rlmlandscape

rlmlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Good looking stuff man. Looking forward to seeing the photos as the year goes on. Hopefully I'll be getting started after the 1st.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Armsden&Son

Thanks so much RLM....

I just wanted you to know that whenever anybody is having a discussion here on L.S about the Walker 3rd wheel mark, I refer them to your site so they can see how well the split tail wheel kit does....

I go back and forth all the time whether I want to throw one on or not....

9. Armsden&Son

A better look at the old 2003 F350...

And my #1 employee of course...

I am getting her lettered up here very soon.

I would like to give a little attention to the rust on the wheel wells and the bottoms of the doors....

Any suggestions from you guys other than the norm?

Also, thinking about painting the wheels black...

What do you guys think?

DSC00525.JPG

10. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow when did Scag Make Floating Deck Gear drives like this guy? I knew they made the SWZU but never have seen these mowers.

Nice work though! Keep it up.