1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A Couple Armsden & Son Jobs From Last Season

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Armsden&Son, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Nice catch Church2224!!!!

It's a SCAGENSTEIN!!!!!!

I bought it from a gentleman in New Hampshire. It is a SW body with a SWZU floating deck!!!!

I bought it for an absolute steal. I am in the process of sprucing it up with a new discharge chute and also new belt covers...

And to be 100% honest, it runs and cuts amazing for a Scagenstein. I ran a fixed deck 48 inch belt drive Scag for about 4 seasons straight as I was working my way up at my last job so operating this is so much much fun.

I do have my sights set on a new walk behind in the next couple years but I refuse to get one until I make the $ to buy it. I would love to demo the SWZT because I have always loved Scag but I gotta say, Turf Tracers looks so damn amazing to me man. The ECS controls and their QOC is top notch... Decisions decisions.... glad I don't have to make one yet...!!!!
  2. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome work. I like the bed installs you do. Nice and clean looking.
  3. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag should hire that guy to work for them, he did an awesome job! I wish they would use the old SWZU style as the basis for their floating deck mowers, they were tanks!

And in terms of walk behinds, I currently run a 48 inch Turf Tracer S Series and absolutely love it. It is reliable and cuts very well. IMHO Exmark is the standard all other walk behinds should be judge against, they are fantastic (Although the new Bob Cat is extremely tempting)
  4. Armsden&Son

That's awesome that you run a Turf Tracer.... Some of the stripes I have seen done by a Turf Tracers are just amazing! And the UltraCut deck is second to none...

Funny you mention the new Bob-Cat.... I just piped in on somebody's thread about them last night... Lots of guys don't realize but Bob-Cat walk behinds in particular are extremely popular in many parts of the country. I have also seen amazing QOC and striping capabilities from the Bobby's as well. I am dying to see a review on the new floater...
  5. Armsden&Son

Thanks so much ORlawncare....

That means a lot coming from you...

I am a HUGE fan of your picture thread and the work you guys do...
  6. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

Haha the reason I mentioned the new Bob Cat is because I started that thread myself. I wish they were more popular down here, they look very well put together.
  7. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I think you should paint your wheels black! It can be quick and easy and really spruce up the look of your truck.
  8. Cody S

Cody S LawnSite Senior Member

Lookin good man! Can't believe I didn't catch this thread before! Your work looks top notch.

I'll add to the BobCat discussion. Really I think they set the standard in the fixed deck WB market. I have an 87 ransoms that starts first pull. Never had anything but oil and belts and some sharp blades. These floaters are going to really start to show. My dealer sells Exmark, Toro, BobCat, and Dixie, and the BobCat numbers grow every year. However those turf tracers sure do look nice all shined up!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Nice work... like the edges on the beds
  10. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

Just clean her up and you be ok.

My 03 f250 will be getting work soon. Im going to take off the bed, i got an aluminum flat bed ( off a home depot truck) for $500. Hopefully i can have it installed this weekend.
    Posted via Mobile Device