A couple jobs

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by STL Ponds and Waterfalls, Aug 20, 2009.

1. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Her are a few jobs from earlier this year. The last picture is my pond and it's still a work in progress.

Norwicke 2.jpg

Norwicke4.jpg

Nolan1.jpg

Nolan3.jpg

Backyard P1.jpg

2. kgw09

kgw09 LawnSite Member

Very nice!

3. amscapes03

amscapes03 LawnSite Senior Member

Excellent rock placement around the pond/bottom of falls. Very natural looking. Man I hate those plastic rocks that cover the skimmer. I'm amazed that no one has come out with a natural looking cover yet. Anyway, really nice work!!!

4. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks great! Ponds really have a way of completing a design imo. . .
    Which ballfield is that in the last picture? - it looks really familiar.

5. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

That's Lion's and Legion park here in Eureka.

6. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

Really they aren't to bad when you have planting's and more rock placed around them. I usually try to get a nice peace of flagstone to cap them off. In this case I wanted the lighter lid for my customer since she lives by herself.

7. Leon

Leon LawnSite Member

Eureka, been there a few times since we used to live just down the freeway in Fenton. Been all over the place and I swear the Fenton area has the crappiest soil in the world. 50% red clay and 50% rock. Give me good ol clay soil out here in California.

Right at the moment our big concern are the fires, getting close to 200,000 acres and right by LA and probably 2 weeks before they get under control!!

8. pitrack

pitrack LawnSite Bronze Member

9. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

"FREEWAY" it's a highway here still.:) How long have you lived out there? We have ALOT more crappy soil area's besides Fenton now.

Hopefully your not close to the Fires.

10. Leon

Leon LawnSite Member

We're about 30 miles from the closest big fires but we've been a lot closer like last year when we were maybe 8 to 10 miles away. So we get a lot of smoke and sometimes ashes. UGH! They seem to be under control at the moment.

Been out year just ovr 10 years. Weather is great but I do miss an ocassional snow. If we really want snow during the winter it's only a 45 minute drive to the mountains, and 35 minutes to the beach!

Leon

The Natural Touch
    CAC