A couple jobs

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by STL Ponds and Waterfalls, Aug 20, 2009.

1. alf500series

alf500series LawnSite Senior Member

I'm originally from the huge metropolis of gray summit -which is just down the road from eureka. and i don't remember having any bad soil at home. it was heaven to what we have here in the ozarks(branson): clay, rock, and smaller rock.

3 essential tools to do any yard work down here: rock bar, pick, and dynamite

2. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep you did come from a booming town.:) The bad soil is in the new building area's that are being built on the ridge tops. The older arae's are still OK.

I watched 'Rock solid" the other day and they were digging with a jackhammer that had a spade attachment might want to look into one of those.

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice!!! The water features themselves I can't say anything bad about. Awesome!

Just wish there was some nice planting (trees, orn. grasses, perennials, dwarf shrubs, etc.) strategically placed around them. Then they'd look killer!

4. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

They do now. The one almost has to much around the area now.

5. JimLewis

6. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

It will be awhile for anymore pics since my computer won't download off my camera for some reason. Plus I need to take some fresh pics. I'm horrible about taking pictures. I need a photographer to follow me around after each project.:hammerhead:

7. JimLewis

I know what you mean. I used to be horrible about taking photos too. I still forget to take "before" photos on most of my jobs. I even forget to take photos at all, once in a while. Just busy trying to get the job done, collect a check, and move onto the next job. Hardly time to think about photos.

But I try to get at least after photos the very day I am done with every job. I totally forgot last week when we finished a nice job. But we'll be back next week to do more work there. Only thing is now we'll have to blow off all the leaves that have fallen and everything before I take photos now. That's why I always try to get photos the DAY OF completion. Jobs never look as nice a week or a month or 6 months later as they do the day of completion.

I bought a really nice high end camera that just sits in the back seat of my truck at all times. It's just for landscaping. My wife isn't allowed to touch it. So now I have no excuse.