A Couple New Ways to Automate!

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by JoeyD, Jul 29, 2008.

1. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

I have been researching a few new products as of late and I dont think either of them are companies we have discussed on here. I am sure if anyone has heard or used any of these companies or devices it would be James or Eddie but I figured I would throw them out here and see what you guys think!

2. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I think the links to the websites are broken. I couldn't view them.
  3. Terradek

Terradek LawnSite Member

I just got my sample from ABT...have not set it up yet but will let you know after I play with it for awhile...Never heard of the other co. What do they have that is going to change our world?
  4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Ok, got em open. Very cool. ABT's multizone would also be great for Demos.
  5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I wonder if the abt can "override" a regular zone. Let's say you program the unit to come on at dark, and off at 1am. homeowner hears a noise in backyard at 3 am, and hits button. does light come on? I don't think so, given that the trans is off per timer. or am I getting it wrong?
  6. Eden Lights

Eden Lights LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Joey, I have not heard of either one. I am camping this week, but I will check them out next week.
  7. JoeyD

I dont know too much about either. I have a full ABT set up here on my desk that I havent opened yet but will today or tommorow and the Hydrovation product is brand new and we will be meating wihthat company once they have the product ready to go. I will keep you guys informed on my end but I figured I would get this out there for you guys to play with.
  8. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Gambino was testing the ABT for some time now and claims excellent results. They are if im not mistaken coming out with a remote dimmer too that works on individual runs so you will be able to use a single trans and dim the patio lights without messing with the landscape fixtures.
  9. JoeyD

I know they have a remote control too.......I am meeting with Greg w/ ABT tommorow!
  10. Gregabt

Gregabt LawnSite Member

I wanted to respond to Dave's question on the ability to override the "zone" with the ZoneControl. The ZoneControl can override a programmed zone at any time with the remote.

You can turn off or on a zone at any time. A customer can turn a zone on if they hear noises late at night or want the lights to stay on for a party, etc. The program is not effected in any way and the unit will turn on and off the subsequent day at the programmed times.

I will be more than happy to respond to posted questions.